Top Tier ARs - How Do You Rank Them

American Revival Apparel Company

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
It's interesting that Noveske hasn't come up in this thread yet.
Noveske is good stuff without a doubt. On my SBR, I went from a 7.5 CHF Noveske to a 10.3" DD. There were some minor fit and finish areas where Noveske was a clear front runner, but both functioned flawlessly and are/were quite accurate for the length of barrel.

Reactions: SafeCracka

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
they are good guns and parts, but so are a lot of other guns and parts that cost half as much. Same goes for LaRue. I can build a MOA gun for a third or less of the cost of a Larue gun.
This is sort of where I'm at with them. Their barrels are their best feature. But I'm not a fan of the NSR and complete rifles are over priced. And I've had QC issues with their stripped lowers in the past.
Noveske is good stuff without a doubt. On my SBR, I went from a 7.5 CHF Noveske to a 10.3" DD. There were some minor fit and finish areas where Noveske was a clear front runner, but both functioned flawlessly and are/were quite accurate for the length of barrel.
I had a custom upper based on an N4 barrel. It was no more accurate than my BCM's or KAC rifles. Based on that, I don't think their hammer forged barrels are worth the premium. The guns are certainly high quality, but competition is leaving them relegated to a boutique manufacturer.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I would consider the cost of Noveske if it came with a Geissele SSA trigger
This is sort of where I'm at with them. Their barrels are their best feature. But I'm not a fan of the NSR and complete rifles are over priced. And I've had QC issues with their stripped lowers in the past.

I had a custom upper based on an N4 barrel. It was no more accurate than my BCM's or KAC rifles. Based on that, I don't think their hammer forged barrels are worth the premium. The guns are certainly high quality, but competition is leaving them relegated to a boutique manufacturer.
BCM is good shit. I really like them.

KAC is overpriced unicorn jizz

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
KAC is overpriced unicorn jizz

We've been down this road before. But for the benefit of others, I'll explain. Alot of their parts and accessories are exorbitantly expensive, primarily due to them selling to the government, which fixes the cost they are allowed to offer the consumer market.

But the SR15 is worth every penny. For goodness sake, you can get one for less than a similarly equipped Noveske! And some of the features, like ambi controls and the E3 bolt design can't be had elsewhere. The SR15, in many ways, is the pinnacle of modern AR design, as KAC spends more than anyone in the industry on R&D. And those design improvements trickle down into the consumer product. With that being said, the SR25 is stupid expensive.