Tool Loaner Thread

Howard Law

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It seems like someone may have started a thread like this at one point, but it might have gotten buried.

Anyway, maybe it'd be worth making it a sticky if it gets large enough.

Since we're mostly all interested in putting guns together, and/or making some customizations, I thought it might be worthwhile to list up some basic tools I have that I'd be willing to loan out to guys putting guns together.

1. Clymer 5.56 No-Go Gauge for 5.56 nato. 1.4696"
2. AR Stock Wrench

I don't have a lot, but maybe the list will grow.

Reactions: sam and karlvv

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I'll contribute.... as well as I can remember:

AR armorer's wrench- just the plain kind
AR upper receiver vise blocks
Roll pin punches, various sizes
Brass and nylon punches
5 lb sledgehammer
10" swing X 36" bed metal lathe with 1.25" through the chuck, kind of limited tooling though. (note- this is stationary tool... not going anywhere)

Reactions: sam and Laufen

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I don't have a lot I loan out, but I'll offer my gun-related services for free to anyone that wants to come over and listen to me run my suck.

Scope mounting, ring lapping, weighting stocks, sights installed/adjusted, AR work......what have you.

PS: I like Chik-Fil-A diet lemonade and Leinenkuegel Summer Shandy.

Reactions: jwtug

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yeah, not one for loaning out tools, but definitely don't mind folks coming over to use them or have me walk them through something they might do incorrectly.

Too bad I'm in BFE. Most don't want to drive out here...

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I don't have a lot I loan out, but I'll offer my gun-related services for free to anyone that wants to come over and listen to me run my suck.

Scope mounting, ring lapping, weighting stocks, sights installed/adjusted, AR work......what have you.

PS: I like Chik-Fil-A diet lemonade and Leinenkuegel Summer Shandy.

OMG... You need some different beer... Leinenkuegel was all over the place in WI... I thought it was gross... You need to try some Ballast Point IPA's...

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'll happily mail out some stuff. I don't have anything high end or anything like that.

Reactions: sam

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
OMG... You need some different beer... Leinenkuegel was all over the place in WI... I thought it was gross... You need to try some Ballast Point IPA's...

I don't care for Leinenkuegel in general, only their Summer Shandy. I'm not much of a drinker nowadays anyways.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I don't care for Leinenkuegel in general, only their Summer Shandy. I'm not much of a drinker nowadays anyways.

Even more of a reason to drink REALLY good beer... BTW, we need to link up, maybe meet for lunch sometime... I have a few questions for you, and I'd like to talk to you about optics and stuff like that.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Even more of a reason to drink REALLY good beer... BTW, we need to link up, maybe meet for lunch sometime... I have a few questions for you, and I'd like to talk to you about optics and stuff like that.

Sounds good