The Bad Ol' Days

Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What do you guys remember as far as panic pricing goes during the last Banic?

Are there any newish items like arm braces that may skyrocket during the next hysteria?

I'm curious to hear your replies.

Copy and paste the following and fill it in.

Stripped Lowers:

BCG's:

LPK's:

PMags:

9mm ammo (fmj):

5.56 ammo:

Mid Tier AR's (think Smith M&P):

Reactions: sam

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
This is what I remember from the Sandy Hook panic

Stripped Lowers: readily saw them go for $250 during Sandy Hook, forged ones that is.

BCG's: $300 for good ones like BCM.

LPK's: $100-$150 for basic PSA kits

PMags: $45-$50/ea I knew many folks that sold their 100 mag cases for $4-$5k

9mm ammo (fmj): $.60-$.70/rd

5.56 ammo: $1/rd for most anything 5.56. Around $.60-$.75/rd for steel case

ETA: "armor piercing" 5.56 were getting listed for $1.5-$2/rd

Mid Tier AR's (think Smith M&P): $1,500-ish (Colts, DD, and BCM) were bringing $3k +\- a few hundred.

ETA: A guy offered me $1,000 for a NFA poly Lower/ Model one sales upper AR I had at a gun show. No sites, no mag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laufen

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
The worst deal I ever saw was at a LGS here in Cartersville. Someone consigned an SR556 for $3,500. A really REALLY southern boy went to his credit union and got a personal loan to buy it. Paid the $3,500 and left happy. God knows what he did with it when the market flooded....

One guy at the Floyd County Wildlife Club sold 2 of his nice AR's (I think they were Colt or BCM, hell who knows...) and ordered a Barret 98B with the money. Was the first 338LM I ever got to shoot.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I was at a range in Raleigh when I lived there. HD my first AR, what I would now consider shifty. It was a built and primarily DPMS. It would probably go for 600ish today. He offered me 1800. Came back 30 minutes later with the cash. Took that money and put it into an FN PBR and a zeiss Terra as well as a Dagger kayak. I felt like a king.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I don't recall all the prices, but I did put 10 new windowed 3o round PMAGs on gunbroker... new gunbroker account, no feedback. I had a guy use the 'buy it now' I'd set at $499. He overnighted me a cashier's check for the price plus twenty bucks shipping.

Well, the check didn't show up the next day. I informed the buyer, and he overnighted a second check to me- the first check arrived the next day, followed by the second check. I returned the second check to him with the mags... he was quite happy. As was I.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I remember people fighting over a WASR-10 I listed on ODT for $700.

I joined the ODT around Oct 2012, and was getting rid of all of my 7.62x39 rifles and ammo, ended up selling a AK underfolder for $800, and a RPK style rifle for around $1000.00 bucks. I'd stock up on Pmags and BCG's if I had the spare cash. But my god damn step daughter, just cost my wife $2,000 bucks, and me $500.00... With her latest round of bullshit.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Ok I am building a rifle before everything goes completely nuts. @freedom if I build a a2 upper with g.i. handguards will the poi stay with 4 moa when slung up tight in prone? Or will I need to install a free float tube?

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
During The sandy Hook Times I sold some p-mags online, I had just bought 200 of them about a week prior to the shooting I still have 100 of those left.
I put them on gunbroker and started the bidding at .01 and most of them went for around 55.00 each on average (I did not set the price the market did).

Went to a gun show just after sandy hook happened and had a AR to sell.
Was standing in line and a guy asked me if my AR was for sale and I said yes, he then offered me 1200 for it so I sold it. He never asked me what I wanted for it, just made me an offer.
He then sold it to another guy there for 2k, it was a PSA AR.
And I did not panic buy anything.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
During The sandy Hook Times I sold some p-mags online, I had just bought 200 of them about a week prior to the shooting I still have 100 of those left.
I put them on gunbroker and started the bidding at .01 and most of them went for around 55.00 each on average (I did not set the price the market did).

Went to a gun show just after sandy hook happened and had a AR to sell.
Was standing in line and a guy asked me if my AR was for sale and I said yes, he then offered me 1200 for it so I sold it. He never asked me what I wanted for it, just made me an offer.
He then sold it to another guy there for 2k, it was a PSA AR.
And I did not panic buy anything.
I've never had to buy ammo or mags in a scare, but I did break down during the sandy hook thing and buy a Sig 556 Swat for $1800..dammit. Oh well. At the time I slept a lot better knowing that I had it.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I haven't bought anything during a banic, but I did trade a worn out FAL wit shit headspace for a Ducati right after Sandy Hook.

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Ok I am building a rifle before everything goes completely nuts. @freedom if I build a a2 upper with g.i. handguards will the poi stay with 4 moa when slung up tight in prone? Or will I need to install a free float tube?

You can get a FF tube/ upper that looks GI from Rock River Arms, It's in all of there National Match rifles... But I'd warn against, slinging up too much. The sling should be snug, but not so tight, it's flexing the barrel out of place.

Reactions: freedom

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
You can get a FF tube/ upper that looks GI from Rock River Arms, It's in all of there National Match rifles... But I'd warn against, slinging up too much. The sling should be snug, but not so tight, it's flexing the barrel out of place.

Brother, I am a hell of a pistol shooter/ rested rifle shooter, and I got that way by listening to people who knew what in hell they were talking about, then put their practices into use. I am all ears for your suggestions, except the ones that deal with my sister or a drunk pig. That said, I truely appreciate your input.

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Brother, I am a hell of a pistol shooter/ rested rifle shooter, and I got that way by listening to people who knew what in hell they were talking about, then put their practices into use. I am all ears for your suggestions, except the ones that deal with my sister or a drunk pig. That said, I truely appreciate your input.

I'm not sure how I should answer that... I have compleated the advanced pistol and rife marksmanship course, and the Army Squad designated Marksman course... All taught by members of the the Army AMU... All of my qualifications were with iron sights shooting from 200 yards to 600 yards with iron sights, on man sized targets... I had a perfect score on the final pistol exam, and 19 out of 20 on the SDM course... I don't think I'm a hell of a shooter... But I have a pretty good idea, of how to hit targets at distance... I'm not a drunk pig, and I don't know your sister...

Reactions: Wallace