Steel targets ???

Howard Law

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
unyme7yp.jpg
I don't know if any of you have made the steel targets. They are scaled off of the 22 rimfire targets. I cut them out of half inch plate.
I use them with all hand gun calibers including 44 mag.
I usually set them at 5. 10. 15. 20 feet.
They are a blast to shoot at.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
ajyju5y6.jpg
I am going to make some 6 inch plate hanging targets. I will use some chain welded to piece of rebar rod to hold em up.
Does anyone have any ideas on the angle of the chain and how long to make the chain for the best results?
Anyone have pictures and details on their setup?

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

M

mukwah

Never done this before Rich but looks like a pretty good setup. I think I'd give it about a 12" drop on the chain welded maybe 10" apart. Will the link go thru the rebar? If so you could just run the rebar thru and then spot weld it 10" from left side to right side of chain with about 12" between steel plates depending on the distance. JMHO???
Those little aminals look kindly cute, and prolly fun to shoot!!!LOL

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
RICHGCOOP bud...minute I looked at the six inch round targets, i got a tad concerned about the wishbone bumps on the steel. Richocet problems?! Looks fun...but want you to stick around a while longer. Just a concerned thought.(course ...wouldn't slugs bounce straight back from flat metal)...Crap. I don't know.. looks fun to me.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I will be using the targets with 22 rimfire only and I will use the smooth side out. I will also be using them at 25 yards so I don't think I will have to worry about ricochets.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Unfortunately, our club allows only paper targets at the range and they must be on the target boards. No more bowling pins or other fun targets.

We can put clay pigeons on the hill behind the 100yd target boards and those are really fun for some fun competitive shooting with handguns.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I just ordered some new hanging steel targets. One thing that seems to be important on hanging steels is to hang them at the proper angle so the steel deflects the bullets down. Looks like you are all set Rich.