Stay "tuned and honed" - Don't lose your shooting skills

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Shooting less because you are conserving ammo or just don't have any? I shoot every day to keep my skills up to par. Plenty of ammo, backyard range and even the garage. Check out some of these tools. Even the new Bersa is now available.

http://www.replicaairguns.com/posts/category/22-cal

This guy has a nice collection

MiscGuns2012Collection.jpg

Shot show, see the new Bersa and and the new 1911

Gotta get this NEW P38

http://www.replicaairguns.com/posts/tag/walther-p38

Replica Airguns SHOT Show Vegas 2013 Highlights

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
I made it to the range last week after I scored 1,250 rounds of .22LR. This week it's going to be .380 caliber time. I keep a running inventory and my reserves are sound, so it's time to bust a cap or two.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I went with a new shooter a couple weeks ago and took my own ammo. I only had 170 rds of 9mm, so I bought a box from the range officer. They usualy have reloads in 124 gr for 12 bucks. Pretty good loads. He slips me a box of Federals from his bag and charged me double :eek:

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Verticoli said:
I went with a new shooter a couple weeks ago and took my own ammo. I only had 170 rds of 9mm, so I bought a box from the range officer. They usualy have reloads in 124 gr for 12 bucks. Pretty good loads. He slips me a box of Federals from his bag and charged me double :eek:

You gotta love'em. ::)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Hard for me to believe, but the cheapest place right now for me is my range, they sell PMC's . 9mm for $17.95 a box. They have other calibers as well. It's not what I normally shoot but they work well in my Rugers. So I will just pick up a box there next time I go instead of wasting gas to drive 30 miles to the Fin. At least till things calm down again.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
A buddy who's strictly a deer hunter and shoots only 3 to 5 rounds to make sure his sights are on noted the insanity surrounding the ammo shelves in his area of town. Luckily, he provisioned his freezer for the upcoming months and isn't going to miss the hysteria he said he witnessed in picking up a box of ammo.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Last weekend, I had a conversation with a former Marine recon. Two tours of duty in Iraq and two in Afghanistan. Now out of the service from a war disability, his new profession is a NRA instructor and teaches private defense lessons and concealed carry classes. During our conversation he told me that he insist that his students train with a air gun. I had to laugh. First of all he was preaching to the choir. Secondly, I told him how much I have tried to convince people on my forums to do the same and it is like talking to a wall. Most folks just do not get it. He went into draw tactics, trigger control, point and shoot skills etc. Maybe using a airgun for training coming from a guy like him, will lead others into this style of training, but I doubt it.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
You have been a great cheerleader for air guns for sure. I will eventually find one I like and grab it. For most of us, while it would be a good trainer, we just miss the bang and the gun powder smell. :D

I have never doubted you on this though.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I suspect that a reason some folks aren't interested in the air guns is simply the cost. I know that I'd get hammered by the boss if I bought them. ::)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Well I broke down got the Crossman Pumpmaster Classic Pellet Pistol for $58.00. Single shot bolt action and can get up to 600 fps and it's 10.25" riffled barrel is pretty accurate with adjustable sights. All in all lots of fun until this ammo panic buying is over.

pumpmaster.jpg

D

Denny4kids

Oh No! I just found a half of a tin full of .22 pellets! You know what that means? Den