Something Badass

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Barrel was made by the guy who makes JP barrels and the gun was assembled by Custom order arms of Dalton Georgia.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
The guy who built it took it out to test fire it and with cheap 147 grain ammo it shot one hole at 100 yards. I will take it out monday or some time next week and test it with 168 BTHP match ammo.
One shot, one hole? Seems legit.

Let's see your skill with both cheap and good stuff. Say, 300 yds

Reactions: Cudruln

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Misleading thread title is misleading.

Haha, just kidding bro. Sweet setup.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I know what a heat sink is...but what purpose does it serve on a gun?

I was curious so I Google it....

"Thermal Dissipator™

When it comes to transferring heat from your barrel, the JP Thermal Dissipator™ far exceeds traditional fluting and is intended for applications where sustained fire with excessive heat buildup is a problem, such as varmint rifles under hours of constant use.

Tests show that most heat resulting from sustained fire is developed in a 2- to 3-inch area in front of the chamber causing throat erosion and reduced accuracy over time, not to mention the problem of heat buildup in the hand guard itself that makes handling of the rifle difficult or impossible. Attaching this heat sink between the gas block and receiver will yield unparalleled heat dissipation by increasing the surface area under the hand guard by over 700% and providing more uniform barrel temperature under sustained fire.

The JP Thermal Dissipator™ is an anodized, deep-finned 6061 extruded 2-piece sleeve available in black, silver, red or blue, giving a dynamic appearance when installed under a JP high-grade hand guard.

A great upgrade for any JP rifle, upper assembly or barrel kit, this part fits any of our current production JP Supermatch barrels and can also be used on any barrel recontoured to .650" or .750" under the hand guard. Click below to see the dimensions of the individual models to determine if they will fit your barrel."

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.5_hs.php

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I was curious so I Google it....

"Thermal Dissipator™

When it comes to transferring heat from your barrel, the JP Thermal Dissipator™ far exceeds traditional fluting and is intended for applications where sustained fire with excessive heat buildup is a problem, such as varmint rifles under hours of constant use.

Tests show that most heat resulting from sustained fire is developed in a 2- to 3-inch area in front of the chamber causing throat erosion and reduced accuracy over time, not to mention the problem of heat buildup in the hand guard itself that makes handling of the rifle difficult or impossible. Attaching this heat sink between the gas block and receiver will yield unparalleled heat dissipation by increasing the surface area under the hand guard by over 700% and providing more uniform barrel temperature under sustained fire.

The JP Thermal Dissipator™ is an anodized, deep-finned 6061 extruded 2-piece sleeve available in black, silver, red or blue, giving a dynamic appearance when installed under a JP high-grade hand guard.

A great upgrade for any JP rifle, upper assembly or barrel kit, this part fits any of our current production JP Supermatch barrels and can also be used on any barrel recontoured to .650" or .750" under the hand guard. Click below to see the dimensions of the individual models to determine if they will fit your barrel."

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.5_hs.php

So for most intents and purposes...it looks cool

Reactions: Righter13