Selling guns on Reddit

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
So I sold a gun through Reddits /r/gunsforsale.

The transaction was pretty easy, the buyer sent a money order as asked and communicated very well without being overly demanding or wanting insanely quick shipping times. I got the FFL info and for just $14 I shipped a long rifle to Indiana with priority shipping.

He gets the gun, he loves the gun, and then things head south...kind of.

He's obviously a younger guy and now he won't stop gushing toe over the phone about the gun. I've been texted questions at least twice a day since he's received it dealing with everything from what type of safety it is, if brass deformation is normal, if his group sizes seem similar to what mine were, etc.....

Last night around 2am I got this text, "I just love the weight and power of this gun! I'm starting to see why people like manual action firearms!"

I like dealing with you old guys who still aren't sure how to text.

Reactions: Strider12 and jwtug

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code

The transaction was pretty easy, the buyer sent a money order as asked and communicated very well without being overly demanding or wanting insanely quick shipping times. I got the FFL info and for just $14 I shipped a long rifle to Indiana with priority shipping.

He's obviously a younger guy and now he won't stop gushing toe over the phone about the gun. I've been texted questions at least twice a day since he's received it dealing with everything from what type of safety it is, if brass deformation is normal, if his group sizes seem similar to what mine were, etc.....

Last night around 2am I got this text, "I just love the weight and power of this gun! I'm starting to see why people like manual action firearms!"

think he likes you, in a truck stop kinda way

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I had a customer in NJ like that. He came into the store at least 3 times a week to fondle the 300 wsm Winchester model 70 and the Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. He couldn't make up his mind, and asked ridiculous question after question. Just inconsequential minutiae that most people wouldn't bother with.
-He liked the CRF of the winchester, but the jeweled bolt could spook game.
- He liked the 300 wsm, but would a gas station in Montana carry it if he needed more?
-Is the 300 WSM here to stay?
-Do I need to buy a pallet of wsm if I decide on it?
-What if I get a bum lot number, will Winchester replace it if accuracy isn't up to my standards?
- Would the .300 Win mag be enough, and would the WSM be a little better and easier to shoot?
- Do I need controlled round feed?
-What if I have to shoot at an odd angle..would it help?
-Has Remington quality dipped lately?
- Will Winchester be in business in 10 years?
- How about the safetys? That's been an issue?
-Which one has a better barrel?
-Is one more rust resistant than the other?
-How thick is the finish on the barrel?
-Do you think the tooling at Winchester is as new as the tooling at Remington, or vice versa?
- Is there a way I can choose my rifle down to the day of manufacture?
- I don't want a Monday or Friday gun, I'd prefer a Thursday afternoon gun (his words).

After he decided on the Winchester (4 months of deliberations), we had to start picking out scopes. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Leatherhead

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
He liked the CRF of the winchester, but the jeweled bolt could spook game.

That's by far the best one....My friend's dad owned a rather larg gun shop in FL and one day while hanging out there a guy came in wanting to look at knives...he was looking at some very nice and expensive fighting knife ( I don't remember what it was) but decided against it since stainless steel would be too flashy for his "night ops".

Reactions: Laufen

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

Sounds like someone has a mancrush on "ol' 3P" (PewPewPew). :)

Reactions: sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
block his # on ur phone
easier and cheaper then changing ur #

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
block his # on ur phone
easier and cheaper then changing ur #

Sam has more blocked numbers in her phone than contacts. I should know, I've had to buy new cell phones 6 times this month but she just keeps blocking me.