S&W M&P 9mm claimed to put officers and public at risk

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/16/us/los-angeles-sheriffs-department-guns-report/

"We conclude that the current training program is insufficient to overcome old habits learned on other handguns," the 52-page report states. "As a result, many deputies appear to be to undertrained for the weapon they are using."

"The IG found that "as soon as widespread use of the new gun by field deputies commenced, there was a marked increase in tactical unintended discharges -- that is, deputies firing weapons without intending to do so during police operations.""

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I wonder if they're comparing the DA Beretta 92 to the M&P? I assume they'd have to be since the trigger pull in single action should be about the same for either of them.

And I found it funny that someone said they pulled the trigger when they meant to turn on the weapon light.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Hire cops that know the difference between pressure switches and triggers and keep that finger off till you're on target. I'm courious to see what S&W says about all this.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Are they saying that glock's don't have the same issues?

Still need a trigger pull for disassembly
But this was not for disassembly. It was during their tactical operations. So 100% human error in my book.

I have not had any negligent discharges during my tacticool ops. Just saying

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yeah I don't get the reasoning...M&Ps are just as "safe" as Glock's "Safe Action".

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/16/us/los-angeles-sheriffs-department-guns-report/

"We conclude that the current training program is insufficient to overcome old habits learned on other handguns," the 52-page report states. "As a result, many deputies appear to be to undertrained for the weapon they are using."

"The IG found that "as soon as widespread use of the new gun by field deputies commenced, there was a marked increase in tactical unintended discharges -- that is, deputies firing weapons without intending to do so during police operations.""
Derp

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I read that the NYPD, back in the day off issued revolvers, trained the officers to stage their finger on the trigger when they drew their weapon. They never updated their training, or retrained, when they went to the Glock. They had a rash of unintended discharges. Initially at least, instead of retraining their officers they got Glock to develop the heavier trigger bar to cut down on the NDs.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
But this was not for disassembly. It was during their tactical operations. So 100% human error in my book.

I have not had any negligent discharges during my tacticool ops. Just saying
I didn't think that couch diving and flopping like a fish was all that tactical. Gonna need to teach a better class (I want a refund)

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Are they saying that glock's don't have the same issues?

Still need a trigger pull for disassembly

I have not had any negligent discharges during my tacticool ops.
I didn't think that couch diving and flopping like a fish was all that tactical. Gonna need to teach a better class (I want a refund)
No refunds (read the fine print) but could I interest you in the newly updated more advanced tier 2 class "super tacticool ops".

Reactions: madHatter