Resizing 357 to 9mm

American Revival Apparel Company

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Anyone resizing bullets for heavy 9mm loads? I saw some places online where people resized and loaded 158gr SWC to fit in 9mm cases

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Are they wax lubed? If you resized, and the lube grooves were still there but the wax cracked, the bullets would have to be relubed. If the bullets used a coating for lube they certainly would require relubing. If you are casting them I have a 9mm mould and sizer. I have a low cost source of cast bullets with cheap shipping. It would be an awful lot cheaper to buy 500 or trade for 9mm projectiles than purchase all the equipment to cast.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Are they wax lubed? If you resized, and the lube grooves were still there but the wax cracked, the bullets would have to be relubed. If the bullets used a coating for lube they certainly would require relubing. If you are casting them I have a 9mm mould and sizer. I have a low cost source of cast bullets with cheap shipping. It would be an awful lot cheaper to buy 500 or trade for 9mm projectiles than purchase all the equipment to cast.
I'll let you know, I'd either powder cost or lube the bullets after sizing them myself.

I would love to know if anyone here has tried loading 158's before. 158gr 9mm is kind of gold standard suppressed 9mm.