Red dot for AR

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
im still saving and planning my AR build. I've figured out pretty much everything except an optic.

I think I have it narrowed down to an AImpoint PRO or maybe a Trijicon MRO.

The PRO as far as a know is a solid optic at a price I can deal with. I played with an MRO and I liked it too.

Should I look at anything else, eotech, aimpoint ACO, etc.....

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Eotech blows IMO - Too much effort to get it turned on. Requires too many clicks. Too fat. Battery life isnt good.

Aimpoint is baller - Baller battery life. Super quick on/off, not that you need it since the battery lasts years...

Never owned a MRO but my RMR tells me that trij makes superb red dots...

With all that said I have $80 primary arms red dots on all my ARs lol. I just cant justify the money on the big name brands anymore. The PA's are great IMO.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
If you're saving then save for the PRO or the t1/h1

I started with a PRO and moved to a T1 just due to weight.

Still have the PRO but on a different rifle.

Aim point or get out when it comes to a life and liberty gun.

Reactions: Leshaire

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
If you're saving then save for the PRO or the t1/h1

I started with a PRO and moved to a T1 just due to weight.

Still have the PRO but on a different rifle.

Aim point or get out when it comes to a life and liberty gun.

That's kinda how I've been leaning. I don't know if I can justify the price of a t1 but I think the PRO should do everything I need it to do and take any abuse I may put it through.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
That's kinda how I've been leaning. I don't know if I can justify the price of a t1 but I think the PRO should do everything I need it to do and take any abuse I may put it through.
The PRO absolutely will. There's not a damn thing wrong it it except I wish it took AA batteries. Other than that it's a fine optic, comes with lenses covers and a QD mount that is solid.

WittyMango

Scout
Jan 5, 2016
GA
im still saving and planning my AR build. I've figured out pretty much everything except an optic.

I think I have it narrowed down to an AImpoint PRO or maybe a Trijicon MRO.

The PRO as far as a know is a solid optic at a price I can deal with. I played with an MRO and I liked it too.

Should I look at anything else, eotech, aimpoint ACO, etc.....

I keep an Aimpoint PRO on one and the T1 on another. Both are great and I love them. I keep seeing the Black Spider Optics red dot sight popping up everywhere. I'm interested to see how well they hold up. Might be worth a try.

Reactions: dougiemac

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I've been round and round with many different red dots: lucid, vortex, cheapo knockoffs, mueller, and probably some I'm forgetting. never owned an eotech because I wasn't a fan of the setup and look-though on my buddy's rifle.

having said all of that...I now only buy one of two brands depending on how much I want to spend. if I'm going cheap, then primary arms. if I'm shelling out some dough, then aimpoint.

Reactions: Thenut and Leshaire

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
Aimpoint is the best on the market, in my opinion.

Best cheaper would be Vortex, primary arms, holosun

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
This will be my go to rifle so I don't mind spending enough to get a PRO, the higher end ones are too far out of my budget and overkill for what I need I think.

Hopefully I'll get a .22 AR and that will probably get a less expensive optic like a primary arms.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Aimpoint is the best on the market, in my opinion.

Best cheaper would be Vortex, primary arms, holosun

I've heard great things about Halosun and obviously Vortex. Primary Arms, I wouldn't piss on. I have one and hate it. The Black Spider optic is one of the best budget red dot I've seen.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I've heard great things about Halosun and obviously Vortex. Primary Arms, I wouldn't piss on. I have one and hate it. The Black Spider optic is one of the best budget red dot I've seen.
Sell me it back bruh lol

Love me some primary arms dots

Sent from your moms couch using her iPhone

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I have 3 Eotech's and I have abused them, A LOT... ( it helps that I got my Eotechs for $215- $300 bucks w/ a military discount from Eotech) I also have a Vortex strike fire, that I think of as a poor mans M-64 CCO. I'd like a T1 micro, but I dont have the cash to shell out for one.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
BTW, I need suggestion for a uber cheap 30mm tube red dot that I can mount on my Midwest Ind. side rail mount (its the single not the scope mount one.)

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Text me when youre not busy.

Those things are the best bang for your buck. I beat the shit outta mine and they just plain work. The dot isnt aimpoint crisp but meh lol.

Oh yeah, theyre solid red dots... it's just I cant pick up the dot when I transition shoulders from right to left.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I run a couple primary arms too and am fine with them, but I've got some money tied up in some nice guns now, so I plan to get into a couple aimpoints soon.