• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Oh I can do it, just figured it was an easy switch.
Just buy Yugoslavian wood. There’s plenty available in the surplus market. A lot of us grab the Balkan War surplus and usually you’ll end up with some cool trench art on the buttstock or the handguard.

It’s easy to tell the difference between AKM and Yugo pattern Wood. The Yugo stuff is longer and will have 3 vent holes as opposed to AKM which has the two vent holes.

usually it’s not worth the effort to modify handguards especially since Yugo Wood is still readily available for affordable prices.

the M70AB2 has a thicker receiver, 1.5mm thick stamped steel. It has a beefier RPK front trunnion which is noticeable because of the bulges on the front of the receiver. This was all for done for the capability to launch rifle mounted grenades without causing long term damage to the gun. What it translates too is a heavier, beefier overall rifle. I like Yugos and I like that they’re built like tanks.

the M70AB2 was mostly outsourced by century arms. They did build some in house but not many. Mostly you’ll see either a DCI receiver or a GMT receiver. In my opinion these were generally built really well, using unknown barrel manufacturers.

no Yugos were chrome lined

most will be sporting a flip up grenade leaf sight joined to the front site base.

Century got cheap and started building their own bastardized version which they labeled M70AB2 T. This was a parts kit for an M70AB2 but built on the standard 1mm thick stamped receiver with an unknown, non-bulged, regular AKM front trunnion. Some refer to these as slab side AB2s but they were never a real thing in the history of M70AB2s. Just an American idea.

plenty of good knowledge here about Yugos let us know if there’s any other questions one of us will know.

Yugos also have a different style buttstock for the versions that aren’t under folders. They attach to the rear trunnion with a long bolt as opposed to two screws into a tang. The rear trunnion is drilled and tapped and specific only to the Yugo wood.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Just buy Yugoslavian wood. There’s plenty available in the surplus market. A lot of us grab the Balkan War surplus and usually you’ll end up with some cool trench art on the buttstock or the handguard.

It’s easy to tell the difference between AKM and Yugo pattern Wood. The Yugo stuff is longer and will have 3 vent holes as opposed to AKM which has the two vent holes.

usually it’s not worth the effort to modify handguards especially since Yugo Wood is still readily available for affordable prices.

the M70AB2 has a thicker receiver, 1.5mm thick stamped steel. It has a beefier RPK front trunnion which is noticeable because of the bulges on the front of the receiver. This was all for done for the capability to launch rifle mounted grenades without causing long term damage to the gun. What it translates too is a heavier, beefier overall rifle. I like Yugos and I like that they’re built like tanks.

the M70AB2 was mostly outsourced by century arms. They did build some in house but not many. Mostly you’ll see either a DCI receiver or a GMT receiver. In my opinion these were generally built really well, using unknown barrel manufacturers.

no Yugos were chrome lined

most will be sporting a flip up grenade leaf sight joined to the front site base.

Century got cheap and started building their own bastardized version which they labeled M70AB2 T. This was a parts kit for an M70AB2 but built on the standard 1mm thick stamped receiver with an unknown, non-bulged, regular AKM front trunnion. Some refer to these as slab side AB2s but they were never a real thing in the history of M70AB2s. Just an American idea.

plenty of good knowledge here about Yugos let us know if there’s any other questions one of us will know.

Yugos also have a different style buttstock for the versions that aren’t under folders. They attach to the rear trunnion with a long bolt as opposed to two screws into a tang. The rear trunnion is drilled and tapped and specific only to the Yugo wood.

Absolutely ALL THIS, EVERY DAY, ALL DAY LONG.

Apex or Numrich has the Balkan War furniture.

@Jds556762 I saw that AB2T in person the other day that me and you were talking about. Nice weapon, good price, but after knowing that's not how it's supposed to be, I passed on it. UGH bc it's a DCI...killin me....

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I still need a wood Yugo fat grip if anyone has a lead on one. Not one of the new Made in USA ones. I had no idea they were that scarce when that guy on the Files had a bunch for sale. Dammit.