Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Dang @Fast306stang - if I'da known you were detailing the new car today I would have set up a chair, drank beer, and supervised...

All joking aside, where did all that dirt come from on a new car???

I guess some of this is because the car was picked up in Ohio for me and then driven back. It was beautiful when I got it but there is always dirt and contaminants in the paint, even on a car that was kept in the showroom. Truth be told, the car could really use a paint correction--buffing out all the imperfections and then having a sealer over it, which is what I tried to do. There are some minor areas all over the car that show etching from acid rain, bird poo, etc. But you have to look at the car at an angle under good bright lights. To me it's not worth the money to have the paint correction done when the car is going to sit outside at work for 8 hours a day. If it was a weekend toy, possibly.

Have you used a clay bar before? It's super easy to use and you can feel and hear all the areas that have contaminants in the paint. I wish you could feel the paint...when you wash your car and run your fingers over the paint, you can feel and hear the contaminants. The clay bar will take care of 75% of that. The way I realized the other imperfections was by feel lol.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I guess some of this is because the car was picked up in Ohio for me and then driven back. It was beautiful when I got it but there is always dirt and contaminants in the paint, even on a car that was kept in the showroom. Truth be told, the car could really use a paint correction--buffing out all the imperfections and then having a sealer over it, which is what I tried to do. There are some minor areas all over the car that show etching from acid rain, bird poo, etc. But you have to look at the car at an angle under good bright lights. To me it's not worth the money to have the paint correction done when the car is going to sit outside at work for 8 hours a day. If it was a weekend toy, possibly.

Have you used a clay bar before? It's super easy to use and you can feel and hear all the areas that have contaminants in the paint. I wish you could feel the paint...when you wash your car and run your fingers over the paint, you can feel and hear the contaminants. The clay bar will take care of 75% of that. The way I realized the other imperfections was by feel lol.

It's amazing what a clay bar can do.

How many uses do you get out of one? I'm always afraid of scratching the paint with what had been pulled out of the paint and stuck in the bar.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
It's amazing what a clay bar can do.

How many uses do you get out of one? I'm always afraid of scratching the paint with what had been pulled out of the paint and stuck in the bar.

I thought you had used one before lol...I had my old ones for a few years and left them in my rollaway when I sold it. I wondered about scratching the paint also but it never happened...I definitely roll/kneed the bar several times though...

I had Clay Magic before and this time McGuire's. This bar is more firm, definitely works out your fingers lol...

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Sure it wasn’t his own recoil? I’ve been hit by a bunch of bounce backs. It’s enough to know you got popped but it’s never broken skin like that unless it came from something that hit real close, like real close, and fragged?
He got hit when he was 100 yards down range without a firearm, replacing his target.

preppingjedi

Sniper
Kalash Klub
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code

preppingjedi

Sniper
Kalash Klub
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code
Man. I washed, clay bar'd, then sealed the car. I have one more product I wanted to add but I ran out of time.

When you wash your (brand new) car and you think it's clean, then the clay bar shows you otherwise. This was from just half the hood.

View attachment 109224

And this stuff is amazing. Far better than any other product I've ever used.

View attachment 109225

And it's hard to tell but the car is clean now for sure. I need to hit it one more time to buff the sealer, I didn't let it quite dry enough because I was running out of time...

View attachment 109226 View attachment 109227

First and only vehicle I ever actually cleaned 'religiously' is my 09 P71, bucket of bolts is rusting like crazy anyway.