• Total voters

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
What if I don’t run a brace at all, but still shoulder the thing???
That's one of the many things left unclear by the ATF saying that 23 specific braces don't have "approval letters". Does a bare buffer tube require an approval? What makes one brace different enough from one that is approved that it needs it's own approval? If you strap one of these "unapproved" braces to your forearm so you physically can't shoulder it, is it then OK?

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
That's one of the many things left unclear by the ATF saying that 23 specific braces don't have "approval letters". Does a bare buffer tube require an approval? What makes one brace different enough from one that is approved that it needs it's own approval? If you strap one of these "unapproved" braces to your forearm so you physically can't shoulder it, is it then OK?
So since they’re “unapproved” are they considered stocks?

Reactions: 3x

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
So since they’re “unapproved” are they considered stocks?
AOW the catch-all lol
The ATF is arguing right now it makes them an SBR. I really don't know if they're out to ban braces or just make them NFA for the tax stamp money grab. Somehow, it will have to wind up in court or in new Congressional legislation. No clue how that would turn out. The 1st "illegal bump stock" trial was supposed to start in Houston, I think, next week. The ATF & DOJ dropped all the bump stock charges from the case. The guy is charged with other stuff that is still going forward, so I think they probably just didn't want to risk a court ruling that their "rule-making" on bump stocks was actually making new legislation & an overreach on their part.