• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Never really wanted a corvette. I’m more of a truck guy, and not as much of a mechanic overall. Too much shit to know. Not as simple as when I was a kid helping my dad change brakes and oil on the family cars. These days you gotta have a 6yr degree to change spark plugs or an alternator without totally fucking everything up.
It’s really not that difficult nowadays either, a bit different but the complicated nature of things can only be justified by what you’re getting.
If it’s rewarding or reliable or has high resale value then good, if not, fuck that shit.
Domestic trucks are the best (especially late model Fords and even older Chevy and Dodge if they’re 2500/3500 diesels in my opinion)
I‘m not brand loyal at all but do tend to favor brands with a proven reliability and high resale value record.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
It’s really not that difficult nowadays either, a bit different but the complicated nature of things can only be justified by what you’re getting.
If it’s rewarding or reliable or has high resale value then good, if not, fuck that shit.
Domestic trucks are the best (especially late model Fords and even older Chevy and Dodge if they’re 2500/3500 diesels in my opinion)
I‘m not brand loyal at all but do tend to favor brands with a proven reliability and high resale value record.
Well, I must either be a moron or I’m just cursed with shit luck with vehicles.
I only have Toyota trucks, and when something goes bad it takes an act of GOD to get it right again.
That said, the T-100 I’ve had for almost 18 years has been pretty solid. But over the last 5 years I’ve dumped probably $4500 back into repairs. Most recently was the oil pan gasket leaking - they had to remove the steering bracketey-thingy and some steering knuckle to get the oil pan out, and it was nearly $500 just for that.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Well, I must either be a moron or I’m just cursed with shit luck with vehicles.
I only have Toyota trucks, and when something goes bad it takes an act of GOD to get it right again.
That said, the T-100 I’ve had for almost 18 years has been pretty solid. But over the last 5 years I’ve dumped probably $4500 back into repairs. Most recently was the oil pan gasket leaking - they had to remove the steering bracketey-thingy and some steering knuckle to get the oil pan out, and it was nearly $500 just for that.
It all depends man. Did you buy it used with unknown history or did someone do “work” on it and fucked with it somehow? (that‘s the only justification for buying new; knowing that nobody fucked with it)
Plus it matters to use proper fluids and parts.
Best thing obviously is to have a good mechanic you trust (if you don’t work on stuff yourself)
And don‘t ever select the cheapest option for parts or fluids. No Walmart, Pep boys, jiffy lube or any of that crap. Ever!