Dallas Ga.
Zip code

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I got my conjugal visit. Part of the dash is out bc the car needs a new module, the nav screen likes to jump from screen to screen apparently. It doesn't have the extra front splitter so they're aware that needs to happen too. The splitter wasn't shown in the pics I saw, so I was aware that might be the case when it got here, no biggie. And my salesman is still out sick anyway.

But it looks badass and I'm excited. Now I just need these ppl to get their shit together so I can close on these 2 houses!

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
Keep looking. I had picked up a LNIB 365xl with a light and Romeo 0 for $750 last month. I thought price was not bad.
Saving for Geeissele ARs now, so no more gun purchases for me for a while.

Xl is kind of on my radar (have the regular 365) but not high up there. Not even sure what I want. Had my eye on a 556 ak pistol on odt but think I just talked myself out of that. Maybe a beater truck gun is in order? Was thinking about getting one of those PSA cheap AR pistol kits but not sure what I want to do?
I'm really just bored I think. Maybe it will pass....

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
What is, or will be the cause of canned food shortage?
Multiple reasons.

Aluminum and can shortage. It affects not just the drinks.
I knew that canned drink shortage was coming in May. It is finally here. Check the Coke and Pepsi selection. Main lines are here, anything less popular is gone. Tab has been discontinued. Kroger pop made with real sugar is gone (contract manufacturer needs cans for more profitable lines).
Keep an eye out at the grocery store. House brands will get limits and then disappear first, since they are contract produced, and are secondary income for a lot companies. Canned goods limits disappeared in Aldi in August. They are back now. Smaller chain, less purchasing power for contract manufacturing.

Not as many crops were put in the spring as before. A lot of planting still done by hand (someone has to put seedlings into the planter, or ride behind the tractor putting them in). Lock downs and stimulus payments kept people out of the fields and not interested in work, both for planting and for harvesting.
Some of what was put in was lost in the fires on the west coast. Canneries are build close to the fields too.

PS there are multiple shortages in the supply chain that consumers have not seen yet. Or if they have, it did not register.
Tractor supply has been out of most fencing since spring. It is either made in US out of foreign sourced material or made overseas. Both are in short supply.
Plastic bottles (not just for drinks) are made in US, but capsules from which they are blown come from overseas.
Noticed any difference in packaging used for cooking oil or vitamins vs a year ago? I have.

Last edited:

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Xl is kind of on my radar (have the regular 365) but not high up there. Not even sure what I want. Had my eye on a 556 ak pistol on odt but think I just talked myself out of that. Maybe a beater truck gun is in order? Was thinking about getting one of those PSA cheap AR pistol kits but not sure what I want to do?
I'm really just bored I think. Maybe it will pass....

Get mags for what you might want to buy. Can always sell them.

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
Get mags for what you might want to buy. Can always sell them.

My mag stash is pretty deep. I think I have mags for anything I would ever buy at this point. Honestly, if the election goes sideways I'm thinking about dumping everything that is non-essential and cashing out. Just sticking to the SHTF basics, no oddball's or collectibles etc..

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
My mag stash is pretty deep. I think I have mags for anything I would ever buy at this point. Honestly, if the election goes sideways I'm thinking about dumping everything that is non-essential and cashing out. Just sticking to the SHTF basics, no oddball's or collectibles etc..

I kinda started doing that earlier this year but my mag habit hasn’t changed much lol definitely was dumping guns though

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Multiple reasons.

Aluminum and can shortage. It affects not just the drinks.
I knew that canned drink shortage was coming in May. It is finally here. Check the Coke and Pepsi selection. Main lines are here, anything less popular is gone. Tab has been discontinued. Kroger pop made with real sugar is gone (contract manufacturer needs cans for more profitable lines).
Keep an eye out at the grocery store. House brands will get limits and then disappear first, since they are contract produced, and are secondary income for a lot companies. Canned goods limits disappeared in Aldi in August. They are back now. Smaller chain, less purchasing power for contract manufacturing.

Not as many crops were put in the spring as before. A lot of planting still done by hand (someone has to put seedlings into the planter, or ride behind the tractor putting them in). Lock downs and stimulus payments kept people out of the fields and not interested in work, both for planting and for harvesting.
Some of what was put in was lost in the fires on the west coast. Canneries are build close to the fields too.

PS there are multiple shortages in the supply chain that consumers have not seen yet. Or if they have, it did not register.
Tractor supply has been out of most fencing since spring. It is either made in US out of foreign sourced material or made overseas. Both are in short supply.
Plastic bottles (not just for drinks) are made in US, but capsules from which they are blown come from overseas.
Noticed any difference in packaging used for your cooking oil or vitamins vs a year ago? I have.
Coke has been crushed by COVID and their sales have nosedived because they aren't selling syrup to restaurants and bars like they used to. They streamlined their product offerings to focus on more profitable offerings. They dumped a whole bunch of staff in the process of going lean. It's not as if they don't have access to cans. It's probably reasonable to assume Pepsi has the same problems. Bottom line is with soft drinks it's a revenue issue more than a supply chain issue.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

So... Fuck a milsurp collection