Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
All my bedrooms are upstairs. If someone actually breaks in, which is an exceedingly small possibility, wife will barricade in a room with the kids and I'll be posted at the top of the stairwell with my 1201FP , she will have a pistol. Either way, the stairwell lights will come on and anything that even pokes its head out at the bottom of the stairs will get a face full of #4 buck. Hopefully turning the lights on would be enough of a deterrent for them to leave.

So...why do I need to spend $130 on a WML
Better to have and not need it? Idk. I’d get a more budget friendly one. I don’t need a expensive one. I don’t operate operationally as an operator. I just want something bright and to come on when I press a button

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Better to have and not need it? Idk. I’d get a more budget friendly one. I don’t need a expensive one. I don’t operate operationally as an operator. I just want something bright and to come on when I press a button
That's EXACTLY why I dont think I need one. I'm not an operator, I'm not chasing anyone down. If they come upstairs, its game over. I never understand why all the tacticool instructors seem to say to keep the lights off in the house and hunt down the intruder like you're fucking predator

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
That's EXACTLY why I dont think I need one. I'm not an operator, I'm not chasing anyone down. If they come upstairs, its game over. I never understand why all the tacticool instructors seem to say to keep the lights off in the house and hunt down the intruder like you're fucking predator
Yeah I’m not going to look for anyone. An intruder has to come to us. They don’t know where we are. If the 85 pound dog doesn’t make them scared, well, they will also get a face full of 00 buck from me, and however many 147gr 9mm from a scorpion my fiancée decides to throw down

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
All my bedrooms are upstairs. If someone actually breaks in, which is an exceedingly small possibility, wife will barricade in a room with the kids and I'll be posted at the top of the stairwell with my 1201FP , she will have a pistol. Either way, the stairwell lights will come on and anything that even pokes its head out at the bottom of the stairs will get a face full of #4 buck. Hopefully turning the lights on would be enough of a deterrent for them to leave.

So...why do I need to spend $130 on a WML
What if the power grid is down in your neighborhood when break in occurs?
I spend some nights out by the fire pit...never without a gun, usually a rifle, always with a light attached....it's damn dark around my house at night. Maybe that's not much of an issue in the city.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Yeah, weaponlight or not, I ain't going hunting down anyone. hunker down & call 911. When I've lived on a farm, I had a light on a long gun. Something gets the animals riled up at night, you can't keep calling the sheriff & you don't want to let a predator slaughter your animals. But now that I live in a subdivision, I don't need to go see what's causing a ruckus, just kill it if it comes into the room.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I spend some nights out by the fire pit...never without a gun, usually a rifle, always with a light attached....it's damn dark around my house at night. Maybe that's not much of an issue in the city.
Eh....I mean there could be a volcano eruption too. I dunno.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Outside at night on dark property, absolutely. When we're at the property here in Monroe my wife's family has (100+ acres) at night doing firepits, bonfires, whatever, my nephew's in-laws who moved here from city life in California to be close to their grandkids freaked out that my nephew & I both have handguns on & I have a shotty & he has a carbine close at hand. There like we're right on the edge of town & 10 minutes from Home Depot & Walmart, what are you so worried about. They freaked a little when I panned the woods with my Olight flashlight & they saw all the reflecting eyes in the woods.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Eh....I mean there could be a volcano eruption too. I dunno.
Probably not....but standing in the dark flicking a light switch that ain't working might make you wish there was one. I don't buy insurance because of probability, it's the possibility that drives that train. But whatever fits your comfort zone is the right answer for you.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Probably not....but standing in the dark flicking a light switch that ain't working might make you wish there was one. I don't buy insurance because of probability, it's the possibility that drives that train. But whatever fits your comfort zone is the right answer for you.
I'll just have to respectfully dissent on that. That's sort of my disillusionment with the gun community. Everything has to be for the absolute worst scenario, no matter how improbable