• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
giphy.webp

I can't see it but I'm sure the heart emoji is appropriate!

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Man....I tell you what - I'd just a soon let Oio's kickboxing wife beat my ass as to go to the dentist. I'm dreading it.

I'm sure! I've got to go to the dentist sometime also, I've been putting it off. Between the severe acid reflux eating my teeth and my home remodeling accident, I know I have some seat time in the dentist's chair coming up. Not looking forward to it at all. But I'm looking forward to a nice set of chompers someday.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I just read through these pages of sophomoric dodging.

You get challenged to test pistol vs pistol, then start degrading a guy for his physical height (a guy that's a proven badass, BTW) - and now resort to bragging about your wife's fighting abilities?

Pathetic.
Not even sophomoric, more middleschoolish lol.
1. I didn’t even state the gun I would use, so for him to talk shit about an unknown gun vs a Taurus is pointless.
2. He brought on the childish personal attacks so I responded at the same level. Can‘t take the response, don’t dish it out right?

Nothing serious thought, I have nothing against Rabbit and his knowledge/achievements/shooting abilities etc or his height. I was stating my opinion of Taurus pistols and he got defensive and took it personal so I responded.

And I don’t know, maybe my wife can kick his ass but that’s irrelevant and will probably never happen because we’re just shit talking and nothing more.

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
Anyone here go backpacking? I want to plan a trip from Amicolola Falls to Springer Mt. this fall. It's 8 miles out to the camp and 8 Miles back
I work with this guy , never does leg day but has a huge upper body kind of freaky

Yeah Mark accused me of having chicken-legs so now I have to become a T-Rex.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Anyone here go backpacking? I want to plan a trip from Amicolola Falls to Springer Mt. this fall. It's 8 miles out to the camp and 8 Miles back

Wife did that last year. Her and my niece went in November, got derailed by an ice storm. I can't remember how far they went, but probably about 8 miles per day.

If that's all you're doing, equipment list/food/water should be pretty light.

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
Wife did that last year. Her and my niece went in November, got derailed by an ice storm. I can't remember how far they went, but probably about 8 miles per day.

If that's all you're doing, equipment list/food/water should be pretty light.

Yeah light trip for sure, easy living even at around 25lbs

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Yeah light trip for sure, easy living even at around 25lbs

Wife's been on the AT twice, I've never been - yet. All my hiking has been out here or farther west.

I do know the AT shelters are famous for mice, wife refuses to stay in a shelter, much prefers tent.

I will warn you that backpacking can be addictive, and buying cool related stuff isn't any different than buying gun stuff. It's a curse, I tell you!

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
Wife's been on the AT twice, I've never been - yet. All my hiking has been out here or farther west.

I do know the AT shelters are famous for mice, wife refuses to stay in a shelter, much prefers tent.

I will warn you that backpacking can be addictive, and buying cool related stuff isn't any different than buying gun stuff. It's a curse, I tell you!

Yeah I have lots of backpacking gear, way to much for the amount I use it!

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia

Yeah Mark accused me of having chicken-legs so now I have to become a T-Rex.

I used to when I lived in Colorado. Whole different animal out there though because of the extreme weather changes that could happen so had to pack carefully and be prepared. Not so much an issue here with the milder temps. It is real easy to over pack though so think about your kit carefully. They have all kinds of cool highspeed, lightweight gear now days though. I would start out with some day trips with your kit to see how it feels before going out on a multi-day over nighter.

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
I used to when I lived in Colorado. Whole different animal out there though because of the extreme weather changes that could happen so had to pack carefully and be prepared. Not so much an issue here with the milder temps. It is real easy to over pack though so think about your kit carefully. They have all kinds of cool highspeed, lightweight gear now days though. I would start out with some day trips with your kit to see how it feels before going out on a multi-day over nighter.

Yeah backpacking is easy in GA. I think I misled people in my first post, I've done lots of backpacking previously and have my kit sorted. Wanted to see if others were into it as well!