Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
That’s what’s so stupid about it, was only 950.00 not even over 1000.00 and it’s from the same account that I deposit my check every Friday. It’s our business account that my checks come from so I know it’s in good standing. I’m gonna call BoA on Monday to see if they released the funds to regions and if they did and regions has my money I’m gonna blow up on their ass. If not I’m going to cancel the mobile deposit and fucking close down the account and go somewhere else

WTF would they put a hold on a $950 check?!? I'd be pissed too!

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I bought the house 11 years ago, I don't know the builder. But I can make some general statements about him now...
Don’t buy a house in a subdivision. Besides the HOA scam, 99% of the time it will be some cookie cutter bullshit framed light duty atrocity that will need repairs within a few years, even if it’s new and pretty.
Doesn‘t matter if it’s $150k or $2.5m (more expensive ones are usually the same shit quality but larger with added in luxuries)
I made that mistake before, never again.
If you’re on a budget, better to get an older one solid one and redo some stuff (up to 1960s, when houses were built to last)

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Don’t buy a house in a subdivision. Besides the HOA scam, 99% of the time it will be some cookie cutter bullshit framed light duty atrocity that will need repairs within a few years, even if it’s new and pretty.
Doesn‘t matter if it’s $150k or $2.5m (more expensive ones are usually the same shit quality but larger with added in luxuries)
I made that mistake before, never again.
If you’re on a budget, better to get an older one solid one and redo some stuff (up to 1960s, when houses were built to last)

I've got the next one lined up already, it IS in a subdivision lol. But it is a stepping stone...I plan to be there less than 5 years and truly I hope it's less than 2 or 3.

After that I hope to be in a position to buy or build on some acreage. We will see what happens. I'm about 15 years out from retirement and I don't want to carry a mortgage after I retire so I'm definitely walking a tightrope.

That's why ppl like @Gaige need to start planning now, even though it doesn't seem like a lot of money. If I had the last 10 years over again, I could be a LOT farther ahead.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
8ead26179f21ec0d4ba6cd24e6768b4a.jpg

Name this Electician!

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I've got the next one lined up already, it IS in a subdivision lol. But the next one is a stepping stone also. I plan to be there less than 5 years and truly I hope it's less than 2 or 3.

After that I hope to be in a position to buy or build on some acreage. We will see what happens. I'm about 15 years out from retirement and I don't want to carry a mortgage after I retire so I'm definitely walking a tightrope.

That's why ppl like @Gaige need to start planning now, even though it doesn't seem like a lot of money. If I had the last 10 years over again, I could be a LOT farther ahead.
Well you can rent it out and make some cash I guess if you have another residence. I hate subdivisions and HOA bullshit.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Well you can rent it out and make some cash I guess if you have another residence. I hate subdivisions and HOA bullshit.

I don't have an HOA here but I will at the new house. I briefly thought about renting this one but 1. I need the equity for the down-payment on the next house and 2. I can't be a landlord bc I don't trust ppl to take care of something that isn't theirs...