• Total voters

Slacker1972

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Franklin, Ga
Zip code
Alright so since y'all are graciously allowing me to deviate off topic and talk stocks and 401K, etc...Who all has a TSP account? I know we have some guys in here other than myself.

Do yourself a favor and go to fedsmith.com and sign up for The Daily Wrap-Up, they'll email you a chart every night around 7:30 and show you the daily performance for each of the funds. This is what I use to dictate what funds I move into and out of, typically I'm running 100 percent C or S, or a 50/50 split in both.
I have no idea what you are talking about but I guess I need to learn...

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I've seen bears get slaughtered to the tune of -$130K on shorts that didn't fall.
That's the point of the old Wall Street saying. They stopped being bears & became pigs. I know I'm broke now, but made a lot of money in the market when we had funds to invest. That money is actually the reason we didn't lose the house & are still living in a nice neighborhood, even as both of us having catastrophic health issues & we struggle to pay off debts. The key lesson I learned is knowing when to take profits or, if shorting, when to admit you're wrong about the company. I know I left money on the table by selling "too early" I'd rather do that than ride a stock up & then all the way down. I also wholeheartedly agree with @Augustatrader . a company that matches 401K contributions is giving you a back door raise. Take it. We were self-employed so didn't get that. However, I'm old & broke now, so this is just my:
just_my_2_cents_bb.jpg

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
That's the point of the old Wall Street saying. They stopped being bears & became pigs. I know I'm broke now, but made a lot of money in the market when we had funds to invest. That money is actually the reason we didn't lose the house & are still living in a nice neighborhood, even as both of us having catastrophic health issues & we struggle to pay off debts. The key lesson I learned is knowing when to take profits or, if shorting, when to admit you're wrong about the company. I know I left money on the table by selling "too early" I'd rather do that than ride a stock up & then all the way down. I also wholeheartedly agree with @Augustatrader . a company that matches 401K contributions is giving you a back door raise. Take it. We were self-employed so didn't get that. However, I'm old & broke now, so this is just my:
View attachment 58188

So YOU are the Wall Street Master! I KNEW I'd flush somebody out of hiding!

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
Hoooollllllly she-yet!
Phone crapped out on me and I haven’t been in touch with ANYTHING in the last 12 hours. I was about to say did I miss anything but I saw ghey Wall Street and figured that took up at least 4 pages. What's next? A chucklenut type thread about “precious metals “ like gold and silver ?
I’m with Jordan
Christ cometh or the bugaloooo has to happen

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Seems like he’s going out of his way to try and come up with some Type validation/confirmation. I typically hope the best in people and let them take it on the soul if they’re a thieving, lying, dirt bag. Of course I won’t deal with them again and pursue any legal course of action I may have, but I roll those dice. I don’t know if I’ve ever been burned on a gun deal like that? Except Atlantic, Omega, and a broken UMP9 lol and even that worked itself out eventually
Back wh we n Gunbroker was smaller I bought and sold a lot of stuff from people all over the place. I always paid with USPS money orders so I could turn the postal inspectors loose on them if they flaked.
only had one asshole in California take almost a year to ship a gun. But I got it eventually