Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
I bought a $30 Bushmaster bolt carrier from CDNN because I needed a spare. I already had some carrier keys and screws in my parts box. This morning I assembled the bolt carrier group......took less time than to type this and post pics.

First all parts degreased....I use non-chlorinated brake cleaner. Then got all the parts tools together (BCG, Staking Tool, Loctite 510, Allen wrenches)
BCG1.JPG

Lock it up in the padded vise, a small amount of the Loctite 510 around the carrier key gas port hole being careful not to get any in the hole, snug the carrier key screws down. The TM calls for 50-58 inch pounds of torque....I just use a normal length 9/64 Allen wrench and torque the screws until the wrench starts to flex, puts about 55ish inch pounds torque on the screws.
BCG2.JPG

Now mount the staking tool in the vise. This tool from M-Guns has alignment holes on the top to make sure the key is positioned correctly before staking. Insert the bolt assembly, drop the allen wrench in from the top and align the key, snug the staking bolts down.
BCG5.JPG

Now tighten the staking bolts until they bottom out on the tool body...simple.
BCG6.JPG

Loosen it all back up and remove the bolt carrier assembly, staking done.
BCG7.JPG

Next, because I don't like the edge of the staking extending beyond the key body, I use a small ball peen hammer and a medium flat punch to lightly peen the edges of the staking to get rid of the extending edge.
BCG9.JPG

Last thing, Birchwood Casey Super Blue applied to the bare metal staking. Done. Takes more time to write it up than to do it, lol.
BCG10.JPG

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Doubt that buyer falls through on the DD Upper, but if I get this, the gun may be back up for sale after I get that aimpoint pro off it.

Yep all the good stuf pops up for sale when I lock down my gun money.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I bought a $30 Bushmaster bolt carrier from CDNN because I needed a spare. I already had some carrier keys and screws in my parts box. This morning I assembled the bolt carrier group......took less time than to type this and post pics.

First all parts degreased....I use non-chlorinated brake cleaner. Then got all the parts tools together (BCG, Staking Tool, Loctite 510, Allen wrenches)
View attachment 81128

Lock it up in the padded vise, a small amount of the Loctite 510 around the carrier key gas port hole being careful not to get any in the hole, snug the carrier key screws down. The TM calls for 50-58 inch pounds of torque....I just use a normal length 9/64 Allen wrench and torque the screws until the wrench starts to flex, puts about 55ish inch pounds torque on the screws.
View attachment 81130

Now mount the staking tool in the vise. This tool from M-Guns has alignment holes on the top to make sure the key is positioned correctly before staking. Insert the bolt assembly, drop the allen wrench in from the top and align the key, snug the staking bolts down.
View attachment 81136

Now tighten the staking bolts until they bottom out on the tool body...simple.
View attachment 81137

Loosen it all back up and remove the bolt carrier assembly, staking done.
View attachment 81138

Next, because I don't like the edge of the staking extending beyond the key body, I use a small ball peen hammer and a medium flat punch to lightly peen the edges of the staking to get rid of the extending edge.
View attachment 81139

Last thing, Birchwood Casey Super Blue applied to the bare metal staking. Done. Takes more time to write it up than to do it, lol.
View attachment 81141

Awesome write-up! Never saw it in action before and the staking looks PERFECT!

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
@Gaige

I know the seller. Good dude. He will probably ship for you

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub