• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
HA

A little more than the out door price at a retailer if you paid full MSRP. I must be missing something?
When the 107R first came out and retailed for $850, about 4 years ago lol, I bought a used one for $750.
That thing had the worst twister receiver I have ever seen in an AK. The front and rear trunnions were both riveted misaligned. I think the receiver rivet holes must have been drilled out of spec.
I traded it for the Pm MD 65 underfolder.

Last edited:

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
A little more than the out door price at a retailer if you paid full MSRP. I must be missing something?
When the 107R first came out and retailed for $850, about 4 years ago lol, I bought a used one for $750.
That thing had the worsted twister receiver I have ever seen in an AK. The front and rear trunnions were both riveted misaligned. I think the receiver rivet holes must have been drilled out of spec.
I traded it for the Pm65 underfolder.
Atlantic had a new shipment of them for 1100 bucks new, I thought Arsenal was a good brand?

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
It sounds like you live on my dream property......every time you post about it I’m like “dang that sounds fun”
Dream property comes with a lot of work.
I had my breakfast/lunch at 2. Worked outside until then, whiile rain had stopped.
Went back around 4, and came in an hour ago. Pumped out about 100 gallons of rain water from one of the receiving rain barrels and topped off my strawberry barrels and storage barrels.
Drained 3 of the receiveng barrels to make room for the rain tonight, tp minimize the flooding by the house. Fixed and extended the overflow pipe for one of the barrels. Put away the pump and hoses just as it started to rain. Cleaned the downspouts.
Was going to put up new blinds in the daughter's room, but not sure I have energy.

Old pic, before we cleared the back pasture, but gives you an idea.
Resized952020032795075501.jpg

Last edited:

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Atlantic had a new shipment of them for 1100 bucks new, I thought Arsenal was a good brand?
Arsenal quality has slipped over the last few years. They are living on their past reputation.
Milled Arsenals are good, but other stamped AKs can be had for 107r money. Like WBP Fox.
And I do not like that 3 years ago 107r was $800, and now it is $1100.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Nothing wrong with Arsenal, but they are like every other AK manufacture and not immune from QC/QA issues.
They went through a run of SLR-106s early on that had bullet guide issues and a batch of 107s and 106s with pretty bad canted front sights.
I owned a 106 that had a front sight so canted it wouldn't zero. I had to put a RPK rear sight to get it zeroed.
The early 107Rs were shipped with type 3 bolt carries that battered the front trunnion up a little.
No manufacturer is immune from an issue here and there.
Arsenal is definitely good kit though.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Arsenal quality has slipped over the last few years. They are living on their past reputation.
Milled Arsenals are good, but other stamped AKs can be had for 107r money. Like WBP Fox
And I do not like that 3 years ago 107r was $800, and now it is $1100.
Do you think that's because Arsenal Bulgaria makes milled type 3 for their military and only makes stamped AKs for commercial export?
I have always wondered how the quality can differ so much between the milled and stamped Arsenal rifles.

Edit to add: I would definitely buy a WBP rifle over Arsenal, especially a stamped 107R.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Nothing wrong with Arsenal, but they are like every other AK manufacture and not immune from QC/QA issues.
They went through a run of SLR-106s early on that had bullet guide issues and a batch of 107s and 106s with pretty bad canted front sights.
I owned a 106 that had a front sight so canted it wouldn't zero. I had to put a RPK rear sight to get it zeroed.
The early 107Rs were shipped with type 3 bolt carries that battered the front trunnion up a little.
No manufacturer is immune from an issue here and there.
Arsenal is definitely good kit though.

Still better than most domestic AKs