Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I know surefire makes quality lights. But I had one that failed me when I needed it. No different than the people I know who have had a Glock turn out to be a lemon. That one experience alone made them not like them.

so my experience in my profession, surefire was a failure and I will not personally trust my life, or partners life to them. YMMV. that is all. Done talking about lights now.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Failure in 2 fires. Couldn’t handle either water, the steam, or 900 degree heat.

The department doesn't provide you with a damn light?

On a range trip the bulb fell off my brother-in-law's Streamlight and broke. In fairness, I think it was his fault but that didn't impress me much.

Internet lore generally says Surefire is Tier I, so I have an X400. I'm really not a big weapon light guy. I have a couple of Olights that seem pretty nice too.

I do have a handheld Surefire that I like pretty well. The kids took it and threw it all over the yard one day. Shortly thereafter the high beam stopped working. Surefire fixed it, but that was kind of a bummer.

I have no idea what this proves. All lights suck?

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
I know surefire makes quality lights. But I had one that failed me when I needed it. No different than the people I know who have had a Glock turn out to be a lemon. That one experience alone made them not like them.

so my experience in my profession, surefire was a failure and I will not personally trust my life, or partners life to them. YMMV. that is all. Done talking about lights now.

What's your favorite light?

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
What's your favorite light?
The one I use on my helmet is the sidewinder compact 2. It’s not the brightest, but a bright light in a house fire doesn’t always mean good. It’s light, and super small.

no, they do not issue is lights. My shift got lights from our captain but they are decent at best. I don’t use it. Too much weight. If you want a light, have to get your own.

I really like the vantage helmet light as well.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
It's called property rights. You buy something, it's yours to do with as you see fit, as long as you don't infringe on someone else.

Anyone that disagrees with this should be fed to the hogs.
Well...I agree with you in theory, and in spirit. I was talking about the letter of the law regarding not being arrested for “manufacturing “ a firearm.
True, we as citizens of a free country should have the right to own and sell whatever we choose. Except other people, of course.

Reactions: 3x and Jstegman1

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Well...I agree with you in theory, and in spirit. I was talking about the letter of the law regarding not being arrested for “manufacturing “ a firearm.
True, we as citizens of a free country should have the right to own and sell whatever we choose. Except other people, of course.

You some kind of left-wing hippie or something? Some folks pay good money for their wives.
Hell, some folks simply rent a human for a while, bartering gun parts, and that sort of thing...

Reactions: 3x and Jstegman1

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Kept looking around for an SGL and found an old post for one that looks NIB with everything and he was asking 1200. asked if its somehow still around and if so i'd take it. Just got a response a couple days later that says he does and that would be fine and wanted to know where i was located. Please to god let this not be fake.

NIB SGL for 1200 . . . . .
giphy.gif
What is a SGL?
Slightly Guarded Lighthouse?
Slim Gawky Lady?
Sandy Graduated Lifer?
Some Gay Lisp?
Something’s Gone Limp?