• Total voters

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
@Fast306stang, Happy Birthday & many more.

@triplestack3, sorry about your wife's furlough. This shit has got to stop!

@Jds556762, prayers lifted for a safe & successful procedure.

@Peanut Butter, do you want me to come be the crazy-ass, scary, old white homeless guy in your front yard the next time this guy drives by?

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
@Fast306stang, Happy Birthday & many more.

@triplestack3, sorry about your wife's furlough. This shit has got to stop!

@Jds556762, prayers lifted for a safe & successful procedure.

@Peanut Butter, do you want me to come be the crazy-ass, scary, old white homeless guy in your front yard the next time this guy drives by?
Haha I’m not sure what scarier, me standing outside with a uzi or if you were to come by......I’m going with you coming back :shocked:

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I’ll be honest I have lived most of my life owing everybody and paying myself last. About 7 years ago my wife was furloughed from her job very unexpectedly and at the time we were living paycheck to paycheck. She’s very motivated and great at what she does, so she had a new job in about 2 months. But in that short time we had to really circle the wagons and make some tough decisions. After that I said to myself “never again”.

I began working part time in addition to my full time duties. We took all the extra pay and paid off everybody we owed except or mortgage. When that was done we began saving the part time money and the money we had left over from not having extra bills and built the emergency account. That took about three years of not going on vacation and buying only what we really needed. Once we had that done we took the extra money and created a short term emergency account (car repairs, appliances, HVAC, etc) and a fun money account(vacation, Christmas, stuff for my wife and kids).

Now, 7 years later we have a bit of a financial safety net so if something really unexpected happens we will be ok for a while. We pay ourselves first, then buy the things we need and then buy the things we want. We work hard, go on vacation every year, contribute to our church and a little to other charities here and there. It’s a good life. It hasn’t been easy to get here, but it’s been worth the extra effort and sacrifice and I thank the Good Lord for bringing us here.

How much would you charge to manage my finances?

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Food before I leave for work.
Yummmmm.

bc90c10360ea5d8197f9ff99305d328a.jpg

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
I’ll be honest I have lived most of my life owing everybody and paying myself last. About 7 years ago my wife was furloughed from her job very unexpectedly and at the time we were living paycheck to paycheck. She’s very motivated and great at what she does, so she had a new job in about 2 months. But in that short time we had to really circle the wagons and make some tough decisions. After that I said to myself “never again”.

I began working part time in addition to my full time duties. We took all the extra pay and paid off everybody we owed except or mortgage. When that was done we began saving the part time money and the money we had left over from not having extra bills and built the emergency account. That took about three years of not going on vacation and buying only what we really needed. Once we had that done we took the extra money and created a short term emergency account (car repairs, appliances, HVAC, etc) and a fun money account(vacation, Christmas, stuff for my wife and kids).

Now, 7 years later we have a bit of a financial safety net so if something really unexpected happens we will be ok for a while. We pay ourselves first, then buy the things we need and then buy the things we want. We work hard, go on vacation every year, contribute to our church and a little to other charities here and there. It’s a good life. It hasn’t been easy to get here, but it’s been worth the extra effort and sacrifice and I thank the Good Lord for bringing us here.

Lord willing I will be completely debt free this month. Feels good.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code

That is an awesome story.

The Wife and I are doing something similar and will have our bills (CC Debt, Car Loans, Small Loans Etc Etc) all paid off in October this year.
The only debt we will have left is the house and that we plan on paying off in 10 years instead of 20.
We will start and have started saving for a Rainey day and have a nice amount put back but not to the level you have yet.
Life goal is to be debt free at retirement.