Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Do I just block his phone number and prepare for a shitstorm from him? I have 110 or so transactions on the files and 100% rating. I would have disclosed it if I noticed or @Shemp

I'd start a thread and then get @Shemp to post in there too stating what he did in this thread about when he owned it.

If I had to guess he dicked with the rail and it looks canted.

Very good possibility.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
@Gaige and @Shemp did either one of you shoot the upper?
It looks canted to me.....but like @Jake said that could be an optical distortion.
If it is canted to the left it would have been really noticeable during zero.....like rear sight needing to be adjusted way left to zero.
If it zeroed fine without having to drive the rear sight way left I would tell him that a consider it a done deal.
If you didn't have a chance to zero it I would refund him and fix it when I got it back, then sale it again.
Fixing an AR canted front sight is pretty easy actually. Vise/some wood bracing/dead blow hammer.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Honestly I'm kinda really pissed about it...because I'm 99.5% positive hes bullshitting trying to get a free upper or he got buyers remorse.
I feign retardation but I've probably had 50 AR uppers in my hands and havent seen a noticeably canted FSB ever. It being BCM makes it even more improbable, they are held in such high regard because of their QC.
Exactly. That’s all I hear about BCM is their good QC. Hell I didn’t even notice it. And I know you would have said something in the ad. I made a post about it in dumping brass

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Does anyone have need of some Vertx khaki shorts? I ordered some about a year ago in that same waist size as the jeans I wear, and they’re way too small. Either they run extremely small for the listed size, or they were miss labeled.
Labeled size 38, I’d say they’re closer to 34’s, maybe 32’s.

3f476ae18470b2e004f31ffde76daf6b.jpg

43e71011dbb9206ada13c5807f5c7aa4.jpg

Never washed, never Worn.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
@Gaige and @Shemp did either one of you shoot the upper?
It looks canted to me.....but like @Jake said that could be an optical distortion.
If it is canted to the left it would have been really noticeable during zero.....like rear sight needing to be adjusted way left to zero.
If it zeroed fine without having to drive the rear sight way left I would tell him that a consider it a done deal.
If you didn't have a chance to zero it I would refund him and fix it when I got it back, then sale it again.
Fixing an AR canted front sight is pretty easy actually. Vise/some wood bracing/dead blow hammer.
No I never shot it

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Honestly I'm kinda really pissed about it...because I'm 99.5% positive hes bullshitting trying to get a free upper or he got buyers remorse.
I feign retardation but I've probably had 50 AR uppers in my hands and havent seen a noticeably canted FSB ever. It being BCM makes it even more improbable, they are held in such high regard because of their QC.

I've never seen even a PSA or even an Anderson with a noticably canted anything. That wouldn't get out the door at BCM.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code

Another thing that bothers me is that BCM won’t help him because he’s not the original owner.
I know that doesn’t help Gaige.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Another thing that bothers me is that BCM won’t help him because he’s not the original owner.
I find that suspect as well, but have also never had to call BCM in that regard

That's an idea @Gaige...call BCM and ask how they would handle that situation. If they as you're the original buyer and sold the lower a while ago.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I find that suspect as well, but have also never had to call BCM in that regard

That's an idea @Gaige...call BCM and ask how they would handle that situation. If they as you're the original buyer and sold the lower a while ago.
I will. He told me they said they needed the digital receipt or some shit.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA

My bet is he removed or installed the flash hider while clamped to the FSB and over torqued it.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
@Gaige I'd tell him to ship the upper back to you and then you inspect it. Don't refund him until you do. Make that a stipulation. Hold off on it until you get paid again if it is or you can come up with the money faster if you need to by selling it locally and then refunding him with that money since it'll be in your possession anyways. If it's not fucked up and he did something to it to make it appear canted, make him pay return shipping.

Last edited: