• Total voters

Slacker1972

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Franklin, Ga
Zip code
I just posted this in the C-Virues thread but I thought i'd put it here to.

My wife is a Respiratory Therapist and she has been working on C-virus patients since last Thursday and she has not had a day off since.
One of her patients has already died and he was in his 40's. He checked in got tested, admitted and died the next day.
This was posted on Facebook by a doctor she works with everyday.

Shankar Kandaswamy
Understanding COVID-19.....simply complex disease
Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...
It has to do with RNA sequencing.... i.e. genetics.
Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.
Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.
Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..
H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.
Fast forward.
Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”
This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.
And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..
That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.
We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.
Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...
And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.
Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.
#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I just posted this in the C-Virues thread but I thought i'd put it here to.

My wife is a Respiratory Therapist and she has been working on C-virus patients since last Thursday and she has not had a day off since.
One of her patients has already died and he was in his 40's. He checked in got tested, admitted and died the next day.
This was posted on Facebook by a doctor she works with everyday.

Shankar Kandaswamy
Understanding COVID-19.....simply complex disease
Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...
It has to do with RNA sequencing.... i.e. genetics.
Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.
Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.
Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..
H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.
Fast forward.
Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”
This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.
And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..
That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.
We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.
Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...
And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.
Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.
#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.
Great. We all gonna die

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I found this interesting.
66c9fcfbe8446b09782043a9b379d2d1.jpg

Asked my wife about it (she’s an RN) and she’s never heard of it either.

But then again the Army has used us a lab rats for many years.

2379a4ddb3b52d095320170863b3f83e.jpg

noclevername

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
usa
Got one too

Unsubscribe from Thread
  1. nitrexman
    nitrexmanThe Hen that laid the Golden Legos
    henrank.png
    Supporter

525 0

53 minutes ago#1
    This is not correct I was simply making a trade offer based on his comment about things out of stock snd pric increases

[IMG]
    DanKATLAdministratorStaff Member
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

59 0
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

1 minute ago
    New
    Hi nitrexman,

Sorry to bother you, but we have special guidelines when it comes to commenting on listings and we believe your comment (FS/FT Bulk M855) may not be in line with those guidelines.

Some of our guidelines may seem silly, but each one was created to address issues that come up frequently in our classifieds section. This message is just to let you know about those guidelines and doesn’t hurt your account in any way.

If you have any questions about this message or you believe it was sent in error please post in our Private Help section and a moderator will be by shortly to assist you.

Thanks!

Guidelines for Comments in Classifieds

Any negative comments, bickering, etc. will be removed from any ads unless the user is pointing out an error in the ad, a defect in the item, or a recall affecting the item.

Any comments on the price being too high or links to lower priced items will be removed.

Do not post the same comment or offer in multiple ads, this will be considered spam and will be deleted.

"GLWS" and smileys are not allowed by themselves, they must be accompanied by a comment or question that is allowed under the rules.

Listings that turn into off-topic discussions will have the comments disabled. (5 or more posts that have nothing to do with the item.)

Users have the ability to remove comments from their ads and can do so for any reason. If you feel like a user is deleting comments that point out a defect in an item or an error in the ad then you can report it and a moderator will take a look at it.

Users that break these rules multiple times can be banned temporarily and/or will have to have all their posts in the classifieds approved by a moderator before they get posted.

Greener pastures are covered in manure, watch your step.

***By contacting me, you are certifying that you are a Georgia resident, over 21 and legally allowed to own/purchase a firearm***

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA

Too bad I ain't got an extra $350 laying around.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
And just like that, the armies of the Kalash klub attacked ODT in a blitz like which hadn’t been seen since The Great Migration (the great migration was a historical time for the KK when they as a group defected from the ODT and fled to a place called SET. A land of milk and honey. Reserved for them by their fathers before them) though this maneuver seemed acute, it is widely believed that Kalash Klub members had been operating under false names on ODT since the day they Had left. ODT would occasionally stumble across one or two KK operators when they would inadvertently expose themselves on a lower level, lone-wolf type attack. One of the most famous was a member who went by the screen name @Gaige who on his own accord launched a full scale offensive which eventually led to his permanent ban and destruction behind enemy lines. He is a cornerstone to the Kalash Klub and is known amongst its members as Baby Face.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
And just like that, the armies of the Kalash klub attacked ODT in a blitz like which hadn’t been seen since The Great Migration (the great migration was a historical time for the KK when they as a group defected from the ODT and fled to a place called SET. A land of milk and honey. Reserved for them by their fathers before them) though this maneuver seemed acute, it is widely believed that Kalash Klub members had been operating under false names on ODT since the day they Had left. ODT would occasionally stumble across one or two KK operators when they would inadvertently expose themselves on a lower level, lone-wolf type attack. One of the most famous was a member who went by the screen name @Gaige who on his own accord launched a full scale offensive which eventually led to his permanent ban and destruction behind enemy lines. He is a cornerstone to the Kalash Klub and is known amongst its members as Baby Face.
That had to be the greatest thing I’ve read. Needs the national anthem playing in he background and an eagle screeching

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code

Well, shit. I got the letter too...

DanKATL

DanKATLAdministratorStaff Member
Administrator
Supporter

59 0

GA Carry Contributor
NRA Contributor
Gun Owners of America Contributor

Rating100%
46 minutes ago
New
Hi KnuckleFukr,

Sorry to bother you, but we have special guidelines when it comes to commenting on listings and we believe your comment (FS/FT 7.62x39 tul and wolf) may not be in line with those guidelines.

Some of our guidelines may seem silly, but each one was created to address issues that come up frequently in our classifieds section. This message is just to let you know about those guidelines and doesn’t hurt your account in any way.

If you have any questions about this message or you believe it was sent in error please post in our Private Help section and a moderator will be by shortly to assist you.