• Total voters

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
yep I don't buy from them either / sandyhook stopped me from buying a lot of places .

After SHook the local reloading/gun store that had been an institution since the 40s jacked powder prices through the roof. (not original owner) This guy is a DICK.

Another dude - Jerry, saw an opportunity and started selling reloading stuff, he's thriving, and is the only guy that gets mine and many others' business.

Unfortunately Dong's (that's really their name) is still open and busy. Lotsa folks don't mind getting loyalty paid back with rape prices, I guess.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
After SHook the local reloading/gun store that had been an institution since the 40s jacked powder prices through the roof. (not original owner) This guy is a DICK.

Another dude - Jerry, saw an opportunity and started selling reloading stuff, he's thriving, and is the only guy that gets mine and many others' business.

Unfortunately Dong's (that's really their name) is still open and busy. Lotsa folks don't mind getting loyalty paid back with rape prices, I guess.
I remember vendors that jacked up their prices in 2012. Made sure never to shop with them again.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Ballistic Coefficient .308 Win vs .223 Rem

Wind drift conversation stuck in my head. BC, Camp Perry versus what I've witnessed. Looks like with heavy, specialized bullets, shooters can overcome the wind effects on smaller, gayer rounds.
Yeah, but there is more to wind drift than BC alone. Velocity and bullet surface area and density figure in to the drift equation too. That's why faster ,heavy for their caliber, smaller bullets get pushed around less by wind than the larger, heavy for their caliber, slower ones do. Of course it can all be mitigated by a good shooter, good glass and dope,,,,,but small fast bullets still get pushed around less in wind.

At extended ranges (like the 1000 yard line at Camp Perry) the little faster bullets shine over the large slower ones. At medium ranges, 500 yards or so, unless you are measuring MOA with a micrometer, it probably ain't going to matter much. Then there is how much kinetically you are making an impression on the target. The big bullets impress the flesh more than the little ones usually, paper ain't impressed by either one.

And all this panic price rocketing! I know free market, capitalism, blah blah. But still, a dollar a round for .233....100% Ass Holery! The vendors doing that are amoral douche bags. I put them down there with the hand sanitize flipper dude.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
After 10 minutes of searching the web for 5.56 and 7.62 all I got to say is Damn, Just Damn. I mean we've seen it all before. But just like the Freddie The Frog Baby exhibit that comes around every year at the county fair....we stare in disbelief, AGAIN! I would hate to know I absolutely had to buy ammo right now.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Yeah, but there is more to wind drift than BC alone. Velocity and bullet surface area and density figure in to the drift equation too. That's why faster ,heavy for their caliber, smaller bullets get pushed around less by wind than the larger, heavy for their caliber, slower ones do. Of course it can all be mitigated by a good shooter, good glass and dope,,,,,but small fast bullets still get pushed around less in wind.

At extended ranges (like the 1000 yard line at Camp Perry) the little faster bullets shine over the large slower ones. At medium ranges, 500 yards or so, unless you are measuring MOA with a micrometer, it probably ain't going to matter much. Then there is how much kinetically you are making an impression on the target. The big bullets impress the flesh more than the little ones usually, paper ain't impressed by either one.

And all this panic price rocketing! I know free market, capitalism, blah blah. But still, a dollar a round for .233....100% Ass Holery! The vendors doing that are amoral douche bags. I put them down there with the hand sanitize flipper dude.

No argument - I reckon what I see is 99% of the guys running at RNG are shooting 55/62 gr FMJ they buy by the case. Some of the guys that are total distance nerds shoot 77s, and they really do well.

I believe at 500 the guy with a FAL or M1A shooting bulk 147gr FMJ will have better success than the AR toting guy shooting 55-62 FMJ. At least that's what I see.

Of course the M1a and FAL guys are usually better shooters, more fit and generally handsome and smart to boot.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Okay crisis averted.

Yesterday I brought an illegal SBS from a pawnshop that has taken it in on accident. They didn't want the ATF hassle so I decided to help them out.

It's a Mossberg 88 20ga that the barrel had been chopped to 15 3/8 inches and the barrel nut was frozen and they couldn't get it apart.

Finally got that sucker loose. Oven degreaser for the win.

The barrel is going to be disposed of properly (Gunbroker) and now I am looking for a new barrel. Shotguns normally are not my thing, does anyone have a source for cheap Mossy 500 barrels?

I wanted to chop the barrel to 14 inches and put a birds head grip on it but due to ATF regulations (and the length of the magazine tube) I decided just to do a 18 inch barrel.
Once a shotgun always a shotgun

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
If a guy can get 50 bucks a pound for IMR4895, more power to him. I am 100% against laws limiting resale prices.

But - that same guy should expect consequences for his actions - let the market rule.
store in Rome has H4350 which has been very hard to find and they always had good prices, well its 47.95 a pound . so there is another place I will not be shopping at

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA