Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
You guys will probably all put me on ignore after this (if you can do that here, I don't know) but it's definitely foreign & kind of a build. (milsurp purists stop now)

My dad (USMC) saw combat in WWII on Peleliu, Okinawa & then was in China taking surrender of Japanese soldiers & other stuff until mid-1946. At some point on Okinawa, he found an 7.7mm Arisaka with the stock burned & got it home somehow. A buddy of his handmade a Monte Carlo stock for it, so technically it has been "sportirized". Still has a nice, crisp mum. (I can't find a pic of the mum & markings right now. I'll take another in the next day or so). The guy who made the stock in the late 40s was obviously gifted, so there is nothing "bubbaed" about it. My dad used it deer hunting & I learned to deer hunt with it. Don't shoot it much, but couldn't bring myself to sell it no matter how broke we got. (& my wife, to her credit, told me to never sell it.) Anyway, pics.@Leadhoof & a couple of other guys here have seen it.
View attachment 55277
View attachment 55278
View attachment 55279

OK, ya'll can kick me out of the thread now.

Hell of a story and that rifle is badass!

Reactions: CQB27, 3x and Grunk

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
You guys will probably all put me on ignore after this (if you can do that here, I don't know) but it's definitely foreign & kind of a build. (milsurp purists stop now)

My dad (USMC) saw combat in WWII on Peleliu, Okinawa & then was in China taking surrender of Japanese soldiers & other stuff until mid-1946. At some point on Okinawa, he found an 7.7mm Arisaka with the stock burned & got it home somehow. A buddy of his handmade a Monte Carlo stock for it, so technically it has been "sportirized". Still has a nice, crisp mum. (I can't find a pic of the mum & markings right now. I'll take another in the next day or so). The guy who made the stock in the late 40s was obviously gifted, so there is nothing "bubbaed" about it. My dad used it deer hunting & I learned to deer hunt with it. Don't shoot it much, but couldn't bring myself to sell it no matter how broke we got. (& my wife, to her credit, told me to never sell it.) Anyway, pics.@Leadhoof & a couple of other guys here have seen it.
View attachment 55277
View attachment 55278
View attachment 55279

OK, ya'll can kick me out of the thread now.
Beautiful rifle and story. Right up the alley for this thread.