Rocks

gasouthsiderevolver

Woodsman
Kalash Klub
Feb 9, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Zip code
Y’all say prayers?? I just had a GREAT day. Thanks to the homies

So you know all that math I do, offset zeros at 25y to compensate for a 50y/250y zero? Like my MK18 10.3” barrel, pushing green tip at X velocity, with MRO at X height over bore etc etc is essentially - 1.11”

So I know to block out that offset on a zero target at 25y and use my choice ammo, and I tight AF Clover leaf me some groups POI -1.11at POA.

On the other hand, My PS90, having a TROS Mount and a low pro RMR type 2 3.25 MOA over bore puts my 25y zero POI offset at around -2.5” so I draw out and no shit tight measure 2.5” offset zero targets and group them tight with my preferred defense ammo. View attachment 70148

Well I do all these calcs with my rifles and optics and designators because I have free access to a 25y indoor range and can shoot before/after hours good lighting no distractions and continue to tighten said groups when I have opportunity but realize you need to confirm at your actual zero distances.

well today I went up to Appalachian to confirm since I heard their range was awesome and had indoor rifle 50y. Couldn’t be more true Place was top notch, great experience.

target with 6 small circles at 50y

View attachment 70149

First three shots out of the MK18 MOD 0 Clone, Trijicon MRO 10.3” barrel 1:7 using 62gr green tip (same ammo for all zeroes done at 25 onviously)

View attachment 70151
View attachment 70150
Damn. Red dot system on a small 10 ring at 50y looks like math paid off!! I’ll ta Clear rifle put back in bag.

By the way I’m using red dots on everything and a carry handle on the third.

Next up, went to see if math checked out on the 16” mid-length 5.56 1:7 nitride Carry handle and FSB. Using m855 ammo as well. I don’t recall the exact 25y offset but seeing as AR sight height is usually 2.5” over bore, the difference in velocity with the 16” vs 10.3 was Instead of 1.10” @25y was like 1.14” but Ive tried my best to nail it at 25y these last few weeks.

View attachment 70152

First 3 shots at 50y with carry handle. Yeah, yeah, I see the one flyer but not a bad group! Everything looks good with me! Math has checked out twice I’m loving this. 6 rounds deep thus far.

Last but not least was the good ol PS90, 16” barrel with RMR 3.25 MOA on a low pro TROS Mount.
The Combination of a larger MOA dot, a good but squishy bull-pup trigger, and a 2.5” 25y offset zero had me skeptical how close I’d be. 2 for 2 thus far.

View attachment 70153

Hey! Not too bad! Elevation looks great and about 1.5” left. Give my RMR 2 clicks right, send the target back down to fifty and cover it with Mr.fat RMR dot. Send 3 more

View attachment 70154

much better. I haven’t spent much time
On the PS90 nor it’s trigger BUT I know it’s a capable gun. That being said, with all things considered I was totally cool with that and called the weapon combat zeroed at 50y for a 50/200y (PS90 5.7 numbers) zero

Looks like some good shooting. But....in a controlled environment. I’m a big fan of shooting outdoors. You never know what day you’ll get. Cold, hot, rainy, dry, low pressure, it would be good to test your shots outdoors with everything the same except the elements and compare your targets. That would be a good comparison. Also, shooting prone, standing and from the knee as well. I know, I’m asking a lot but it would be awesome to compare outdoors bs inside.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I worked at one in Ft Myers Florida back in 2009. It was a fun gig. Sold Judge Judy an $11,000 pair of earrings

I HATE Judge Judy.

I worked part time in a jewelry store that was closing down, hourly plus commission. Most fun job I ever had. Steeeeeeeeeeep discounts make ppl act crazy. Like 75% off retail plus 40% off of that.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Looks like some good shooting. But....in a controlled environment. I’m a big fan of shooting outdoors. You never know what day you’ll get. Cold, hot, rainy, dry, low pressure, it would be good to test your shots outdoors with everything the same except the elements and compare your targets. That would be a good comparison. Also, shooting prone, standing and from the knee as well. I know, I’m asking a lot but it would be awesome to compare outdoors bs inside.
Hes got more trigger time in adverse conditions on a two way range than we could imagine