• Total voters

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
the Arsenal code is uncommon maybe rare. I think it’s a later then second year production rifle
I'm sure it's later than second year
All the super early SKS were Factory 26 Jianshe Arsenal and were made on Soviet tooling. Those rifles even have Cyrillic letters in the serial numbers.
I think the guy is using the serial number dating method, but I think that only applies to Factory 26 (even then I think it's been debunked).

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
I'm sure it's later than second year
All the super early SKS were Factory 26 Jianshe Arsenal and were made on Soviet tooling. Those rifles even have Cyrillic letters in the serial numbers.
I think the guy is using the serial number dating method, but I think that only applies to Factory 26 (even then I think it's been debunked).

correct. The million year s/n digit can be used to get about 90 right. A few years they did different numbering, early 70s iirc, and if it’s not a /26\ then all that goes out the window. KSI being stamped on the receiver normally indicates late 80s early 90s import. Possible that the rifle was made and sat for a few years before being stamped with the importer name.