Zip code

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
What is the logic behind the $35 dollar fee for failing the background check?
I don't get it.

View attachment 66810
And it really sucks when you transfer a gun into my shop, fail a background check, then we’re stuck with it for like a year until we can move it off the books and hand it over to the previous seller or the police. We don’t get to keep them and they take up space in my safe and add to my audit work-load

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
i Only say that from experience too. Like dude comes in with Piru tatted on his neck, But swears he ain’t never been in trouble and ain’t affiliated, so I lean toward you know maybe he’s the one guy that tatted some dumb shit on his neck, got out the hood, changed his life, and is allowed to own a firearm, I don’t discriminate.
So I spend 45 minutes on a sale, pick out a bunch of accessories, stack some ammo on the counter for him. Help him navigate a 4473. Take copies, head to NICS computer and enter his info in for 15 minutes.
Straight 2 seconds later refresh and “new information retrieve?”
Click it, HARD deny.

walk out deal with all the “what’d I do? I ain’t did shit” Spend 10 minutes calming him down, and explaining to contact FBI and square it away if it’s false, get a UPIN etc. but the time spent on someone who KNEW they were going to be denied because they’re fucking told in court when they’re convicted is time I’ll never get back and lost on another sale.

It’s a deterrent to people who “just wanna see if I’ll pass up here in podunk N.GA” because sometimes they’re dumb enough to think we don’t all use the same background check, but they’re smart enough to know they won’t ever get prosecuted for just “trying”

ALL this being said, we don’t charge for denials lol, but I TOTALLY understand why a shop would do that

bullshit criminals wasting my fucking time

You should absolutely KNOW if you’re barred from owning weapons the court, or probation, etc make that very well known

To the dudes who had their SSN stolen and are really mismatched on a denial sorry for your luck. In 3 years of working at a shop I’ve seen that one time, and I’ve process 50 denials to that 1.

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
i Only say that from experience too. Like dude comes in with Piru tatted on his neck, But swears he ain’t never been in trouble and ain’t affiliated, so I lean toward you know maybe he’s the one guy that tatted some dumb shit on his neck, got out the hood, changed his life, and is allowed to own a firearm, I don’t discriminate.
So I spend 45 minutes on a sale, pick out a bunch of accessories, stack some ammo on the counter for him. Help him navigate a 4473. Take copies, head to NICS computer and enter his info in for 15 minutes.
Straight 2 seconds later refresh and “new information retrieve?”
Click it, HARD deny.

walk out deal with all the “what’d I do? I ain’t did shit” Spend 10 minutes calming him down, and explaining to contact FBI and square it away if it’s false, get a UPIN etc. but the time spent on someone who KNEW they were going to be denied because they’re fucking told in court when they’re convicted is time I’ll never get back and lost on another sale.

It’s a deterrent to people who “just wanna see if I’ll pass up here in podunk N.GA” because sometimes they’re dumb enough to think we don’t all use the same background check, but they’re smart enough to know they won’t ever get prosecuted for just “trying”

ALL this being said, we don’t charge for denials lol, but I TOTALLY understand why a shop would do that

bullshit criminals wasting my fucking time

You should absolutely KNOW if you’re barred from owning weapons the court, or probation, etc make that very well known

To the dudes who had their SSN stolen and are really mismatched on a denial sorry for your luck. In 3 years of working at a shop I’ve seen that one time, and I’ve process 50 denials to that 1.

You own a shop?

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
nah i never did. Actually stopped by adventure outdoors today but they wanted 780 bucks for a 640 smith, too much for me.

@Jds556762 you got a revolver for sale?

And this is the place - https://www.hunterslodge.com
Apparently they only accept money order or check and are horrible at shipping things out and are known for misleading advertisements.. they had some pretty cool stuff for sale at a good price, its unfortunate.