• Total voters

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Damn we were just talking about this. Dropped $5k, granted Ma Dukes helped, to save my OG pit bulls life last summer. Never not once did “no” enter my mind. Poor dog was gutted like a deer. But they found out her spleen(?) was about to rupture so they took that out essentially saving her life from that too. I’ve had her 13 years and that was the first non regular check up money I’ve spent on her. My other dog, a rescue of course, needed a reconstructed knee, right off the rip. $4k and I only slightly paused to consider getting a second opinion. Love my dogs, just as much maybe more than my wife.
View attachment 65462
My dog went though something similar last year at this time. We did everything we could and couldn't save her. It was a devastating experience.

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
Pet insurance is generally a scam. They charge you based on how old your dog is, what breed they are and what health problems they are prone to. Every year your premiums will go up too. I looked into it for my pit several years ago and they told me that because she was 6-years-old and she was a pit bull that it was gonna be $85 per month. That was only going to cover 60% of routine vet bills and 50% of emergency vet bills or anything not considered "routine". We looked into it for our yellow lab about 10 years ago before he passed and it was gonna be over $150 per month because of his age and all of the health problems with labs due to bad breeding practices and inbreeding that breeders do nowadays.
The term self insuring comes to mind regarding pet insurance, and any minor miscellaneous insurances.

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
My dog went though something similar last year at this time. We did everything we could and couldn't save her. It was a devastating experience.

Terrible
We almost waited too long. I knew something was up when she couldn’t take a shit and started throwing up some gnarly stuff. She ate a rock and it made it all the way down to her lower intestine. Unreal. On a lighter note, I finally shot that cut down sks and it’s a sweet shooter! With the shorter bbl and scope it’s easy to shoot and apparently dead tits accurate. Hip firing gets you 1.5 MOA
Ask @I.D.-ten-T he got to squeeze the trigger a few times

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
I like the cutout on the steel or the Tula bake. The square seems to be a better aesthetic than a round cutout and hash marks for round count seem really busy.

I’m leaning towards the bake
Plums don’t cut well, they kinda melt and I think the one with Tick marks Looks like a whoops hope this works.
Also, I’ll cut a metal mag, a Bakelite, not so much.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Laying in my spot. I guess I’ll let him have it. Featuring Chelsea’s crazy bed hair

View attachment 65461

He deserves your spot. It’ll make him feel better.

We just dropped Toby off at Auburn small animal hospital for his CCL TPLO surgery. (Think torn ACL). Paid a $2500 deposit on our way out. Will have to pay another $2500 when we pick him up. That’s on top of the $600 we already spent on his consult in December. He is totally worth it.

b1cb10b502d9e1867e7dd7b74bbb9659.jpg

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Damn we were just talking about this. Dropped $5k, granted Ma Dukes helped, to save my OG pit bulls life last summer. Never not once did “no” enter my mind. Poor dog was gutted like a deer. But they found out her spleen(?) was about to rupture so they took that out essentially saving her life from that too. I’ve had her 13 years and that was the first non regular check up money I’ve spent on her. My other dog, a rescue of course, needed a reconstructed knee, right off the rip. $4k and I only slightly paused to consider getting a second opinion. Love my dogs, just as much maybe more than my wife.
View attachment 65462

As it should be. If we won’t give them the same care we would give a child then we shouldn’t have them at all.

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
As it should be. If we won’t give them the same care we would give a child then we shouldn’t have them at all.
I grew up on a farm, I look at pets so much different than most people. If you'd told me 10 years ago someone could buy a vehicle, for the same price as pet surgery I wouldn't have believed you. I like animals, and cared about my Golden Retrievers that we had, but I see a distinct line between pet/people. People get punished less in our society for abortion (even funded by the government) than animal abuse?

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I grew up on a farm, I look at pets so much different than most people. If you'd told me 10 years ago someone could buy a vehicle, for the same price as pet surgery I wouldn't have believed you. I like animals, and cared about my Golden Retrievers that we had, but I see a distinct line between pet/people. People get punished less in our society for abortion (even funded by the government) than animal abuse?

I see a distinct line between pets and people too. I like animals a whole lot more than I like people. A lot more. The only humans I like as much as animals are my grandkids.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
This 100000000000%