• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
No. But I have not used Tapcos in a while. They do not fit into Galil plastic shroud. I think WBP polymer is strong, but brittle. All plastic lugs on AK mags are a BAD idea. Front lug takes a lot of abuse when it is rocked into place.
I also stored that WBP mag loaded for 3 or 4 months. But I store Mapulls MOE loaded and they are fine.

Simple answer: All polymers are weaker when they are not BLACK, and much weaker when they are translucent or clear, since the plastic doesn't contain as much carbon black - an additive that makes long and strong carbon chains.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I have a couple clear Bulgarian mags somewhere... From back in the day.
Simple answer: All polymers are weaker when they are not BLACK, and much weaker when they are translucent or clear, since the plastic doesn't contain as much carbon black - an additive that makes long and strong carbon chains.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Looked for mags today that I can sacrifice for the range bin. Could not find my Gtade 2/3 mags. Maybe I had cleaned them up and put them away? Or sold them. Did find Polish painted mags. 4 out of 10 lock, 6 has too much paint on the locking lug. Outside is pretty. Inside is rusty. Perfect range mags.
I did come across 3 cases of 22LR ammo I forgot about, while looking for rusty mags. And 5 new Tanker mags I forgot about.
Remember - you're holding one of those Tanker mags for me!

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
pro Mags suck ultra bad too. No KCI no ProMag and I hate, but won’t openly insult for no reason, Croatian mags. Thermold is around that group, ASC ain’t far away...who else?
Triple K mags - Great for filling that hole in the bottom of the gun, or use the feed lips in case you've forgotten to bring a knife.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Thermold is DEFINITELY in the group

I've actually had really good luck with ASC mags. I'm weird like that tho

I've got some Thermold 20 rnd AR mags, and they're working fine.

Sure, they look cheesey, and feel like shit - until I ran them through the stippling machine, and now they look and feel good.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code

Biggest reason translucent PMAG's have never cut the mustard!

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I've got some Thermold 20 rnd AR mags, and they're working fine.

Sure, they look cheesey, and feel like shit - until I ran them through the stippling machine, and now they look and feel good.
I had some where the follower would end up getting stuck and that was super annoying. One minute you're good, then *click*
I still have a gajillion of them, but I definitely like them the least of any AR mag type that I own just based on the sticky follower issue