Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Tuck6114

Hunter
Jul 2, 2015
Perry, Ga
I don't mind communicating either way and I understand the point of private messages to have a log. But its frustrating when the day of the meeting comes and I'm having to pm someone from my phone on the go, all because they don't want to speak on the phone or use text.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Freedom,

I want to apologize for my outburst last night..I have been back in Country for 44 yrs. The term Brothers when it pertains to wars, is a whole new definition. My time in Nam changed me for life and I still deal with it. The Men I served with the ones that are still alive, are and always will be my brothers. For those that have not been in a war, their is no way to understand what it does to you. I personally can understand some would do that..I come to the aid of multiple Veterans every year that have a hard time dealing with the public..Some just want to forget what happened, and not to talk about it..I respect that and support them..I can be extremely passionate when it comes to this topic..Just felt I need to post this to you, and the site...DD
I can't begin to imagine that depth of psychological trauma dude, and it's pretty well accepted that shared traumatic experiences bond people deeply. I believe this happens a lot with veterans. I just hope that more guys and gals can begin to talk about their experiences. Past trauma, when re-lived, is experienced in the present..I'll bet you could verify this 100 times over. I have a grandfather that said he never really felt a release from it until he started sharing stories with his grandkids. He said he had to let those demons go, and stop feeding them. Anyway, I wish you all the best in dealing with the negatives of those experiences.

Reactions: Jcountry

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Freedom,

I want to apologize for my outburst last night..I have been back in Country for 44 yrs. The term Brothers when it pertains to wars, is a whole new definition. My time in Nam changed me for life and I still deal with it. The Men I served with the ones that are still alive, are and always will be my brothers. For those that have not been in a war, their is no way to understand what it does to you. I personally can understand some would do that..I come to the aid of multiple Veterans every year that have a hard time dealing with the public..Some just want to forget what happened, and not to talk about it..I respect that and support them..I can be extremely passionate when it comes to this topic..Just felt I need to post this to you, and the site...DD

Yeah, man-

I know we can't understand, but just know that all you guys will always have our love and respect!

I wasn't trying to stir up anything, I was just curious as to that story.

Apologies, brother.

Evil 1

Frontiersman
May 11, 2015
Everywhere
Well pretty much the reason using the site benefits both partys.Especially when it comes to a problem he said she said.
Meh do what the fuck you want but you'll have buyers that will pass just on that sole reason.

Reactions: Mac11FA and sam

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I have to agree with the sentiment regarding Ken Ford. As former LE, it makes sense that is default is to defend them in cases where things are unclear. He may be a little bit defensive, but given all the cop bashing that goes on over there, it would be hard not to be. He and one other are the last two people that I trust in Hotel Mod.

As to your sentiment, strider....I hear you, I just don't feel you. While it does upset me that this happened and while I do hope very much that these three officers face criminal prosecution, I just can't get myself worked up about it. I guess I just realize that it could have been much, much worse and so my gratitude that it wasn't sort of tempers my ire over the incident in general.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Well pretty much the reason using the site benefits both partys.Especially when it comes to a problem he said she said.
Meh do what the fuck you want but you'll have buyers that will pass just on that sole reason.
Yup. Douches everywhere

Reactions: Mac11FA

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I have to agree with the sentiment regarding Ken Ford. As former LE, it makes sense that is default is to defend them in cases where things are unclear. He may be a little bit defensive, but given all the cop bashing that goes on over there, it would be hard not to be. He and one other are the last two people that I trust in Hotel Mod.

As to your sentiment, strider....I hear you, I just don't feel you. While it does upset me that this happened and while I do hope very much that these three officers face criminal prosecution, I just can't get myself worked up about it. I guess I just realize that it could have been much, much worse and so my gratitude that it wasn't sort of tempers my ire over the incident in general.

Right up until it happens to you...it's easy to brush off such grave injustices when you're not the one with a bullet in your leg and a dead dog.

Reactions: Strider12

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Am I the only one that is terrified by this? Am I the only one that is upset to the point of tearful emotion?

This shit didn't happen in the past. They are out of control.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/officer-homeowner-shot-police-wrong-home-police-article-1.2343862

I'm right there with you. Part of why I have zero trust in modern police is that when something like this happens we are lucky to get a statement from the police even if it is a useless one like " We will admit we made a mistake in that we went to the wrong house"....but when a cop is killed every sheriff in the country speaks out. Why aren't sheriffs across the country saying anything about what happened in Dekalb? It is also incredibly frustrating to hear the radio reports talking about the cop that got hit with friendly fire for 2 minutes then a 10 second after thought that the civilian casualty is ok and oh yeah the dog is dead.

I don't want to see anyone killed, cop or civilian....but there is a clear and growing bias towards cops being invincible and immune to punishment....not to mention the growing militarization of police forces.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
cops are just city politicians with guns now...they can get away with nearly anything while preying on the proletariat.

Reactions: Strider12

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Right up until it happens to you...it's easy to brush off such grave injustices when you're not the one with a bullet in your leg and a dead dog.
I'm not saying I should feel the way that I do...I'm just being honest about it. Sometimes I wish I had more empathy....but then I think I'd go mad.

Reminds me of Tony Campolo. Years ago I heard him speak at a very old and storied southern church. He opened his sermon by saying something along the lines of "Last night, roughly X (insert number here....I don't remember what it was but it was higher than I would have thought) children died from hunger. While you were in your bed, warm and cozy, X children died because they didn't have enough food to eat....and most of you? You don't give a shit." Needless to say, there was an awkward pause.....which he ended by saying, "As a matter of fact, most of you are more upset by the fact that I said 'shit' behind your pulpit than you are by the fact that these poor children starved to death."

It made an impression.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'm not saying I should feel the way that I do...I'm just being honest about it. Sometimes I wish I had more empathy....but then I think I'd go mad.

Reminds me of Tony Campolo. Years ago I heard him speak at a very old and storied southern church. He opened his sermon by saying something along the lines of "Last night, roughly X (insert number here....I don't remember what it was but it was higher than I would have thought) children died from hunger. While you were in your bed, warm and cozy, X children died because they didn't have enough food to eat....and most of you? You don't give a shit." Needless to say, there was an awkward pause.....which he ended by saying, "As a matter of fact, most of you are more upset by the fact that I said 'shit' behind your pulpit than you are by the fact that these poor children starved to death."

It made an impression.

That's actually a good story.