Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Their big present is 800lbs on a pallet in the garage so they'll be opening a box with a picture in it
View attachment 61339

Oh holy hell..... Let me spread a little advice... Grandma bought one of those for the grandkids a few years ago. I was in charge of single-handedly assembling the whole damn thing (slightly smaller than that one- only had swings to one side and the slide was on the other)...

1. It ain't cedar... it's cedar colored and scented wood. Keep it off the ground if possible- i.e. concrete blocks or something similar.

2. Pre-drill all the screw holes. The wood will split. I highly recommend having two cordless drills- one with a small drill bit and one with a screwdriver.

3. Get friends.

4. In lieu of friends, bring wood clamps. Lots of them.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Oh holy hell..... Let me spread a little advice... Grandma bought one of those for the grandkids a few years ago. I was in charge of single-handedly assembling the whole damn thing (slightly smaller than that one- only had swings to one side and the slide was on the other)...

1. It ain't cedar... it's cedar colored and scented wood. Keep it off the ground if possible- i.e. concrete blocks or something similar.

2. Pre-drill all the screw holes. The wood will split. I highly recommend having two cordless drills- one with a small drill bit and one with a screwdriver.

3. Get friends.

Just pay the local peasantry a few shillings and they'll oblige

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

3. Get friends.

Sounds like very sage advice. And something that I would not want to build.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

3. Get friends.

My plan is to hire the most skilled mexicans from work at a deeply discounted rate

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

3. Get friends.

Also this had better be cedar because it is listed as 100% cedar

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code

Am I missing something here?? Why does everyone think this ammo is rare and worth $250+?

This stuff has been on "sale" for a long time, I think I bought a case from SG almost a year ago

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Damnit now I might drill a test hole tomorrow

I did learn that there's something called Asian Cedar. And for what it's worth, that set at Grandma's house outlived it's usefulness with the grand kids. They played in it for probably five years until they outgrew it. But at this point, it's useless aside from a quick bonfire. Everything that was sitting on the ground is soft and rotted.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter

Am I missing something here?? Why does everyone think this ammo is rare and worth $250+?

This stuff has been on "sale" for a long time, I think I bought a case from SG almost a year ago
Thanks I just spent $211