• Total voters

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Ah, I got ya. I'll go back up there Monday and check. They know me, they don't mind. Well, I'm glad to hear Surplus is good for it! Lol, maybe I didnt find a dud. *fingers crossed*
Honest advice would be to get out of it if you can. The lower receiver does nothing but give you a butt stock and trigger. On a FAL the upper receiver is what really matters. It may never give you a problem, but that receiver might also stretch or crack.

RSweat91

Hunter
Dec 4, 2019
Blackshear, GA
Zip code
Honest advice would be to get out of it if you can. The lower receiver does nothing but give you a butt stock and trigger. On a FAL the upper receiver is what really matters. It may never give you a problem, but that receiver might also stretch or crack.
I'll do some more in depth investigating on it Monday. Definitely would hate to give up on it. As far as a good upper receiver or barrel what should I look for? At the most I'm out 60 bucks.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'll do some more in depth investigating on it Monday. Definitely would hate to give up on it. As far as a good upper receiver or barrel what should I look for? At the most I'm out 60 bucks.
CAI made some of their L1A1s on imbel receivers. Those builds arent bad usually, the imbels are forged type 3s made in an FN licensed factory. The one you have is a US made copy of a copy, and most FAL Smith's are hesitant to work on them because they tend to need a to of machine work to get right, if they ever do. The guy most FAL guys say is the best in the country wont even accept that CAI receiver to work on, but the Imbel CAIs are good bases for builds.

Personally I wouldnt mess with that rifle. It appears to have been de-banned with the exception of a muzzle device. You might have a decent parts kit even if the receiver is junk.