Panic buy?

American Revival Apparel Company

Northern_Son

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
The Heart of Ohio
What did you panic buy? I bought a spare 7 round, and an 8 round extended mag for the my new kel tec PF9. I don't think they have the votes for a magazine ban but I wanted it and it's my way of voting with my dollars. :D

I got a little itchy for an AR but just couldn't do it.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
AR mags. Ten 20 rounders and ten 30 rounders!

IMG_2790.jpg

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I bought magazines as well. a few MagLevel Pmags, a few of the new 3rd gen Pmags, a 20rd Pmag and 4 Brownells USGI mags.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Good job you guys.....I wonder how many billions of high capacity mags are in America right now..... ;)

I bet they are gonna be hard to find if the rules change..... :p

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I was speaking to a customer Friday that builds AR's. He said one of the AR mag companies (don't remember the brand) sold as many in 3 days compared to the previous 18 months. Another customer said he had a friend that dealt in the AR business and that he (the friend) sold 2,300 AR's in a day and a half.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I was tempted (a little bit) to buy some more AR magazines. I have five 30's and five 20's for my one AR. The quadruple prices and lack of availability, though, made the temptation easy to toss in the bin.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I wanted some metal AK mags but they vanished pretty quick also. I was able to trade some Pmags for some unissued metal AK mags on AR15.com. I've got 11 or 12 30 rounders for both AK and AR. that'll have to do until the madness ends. wish I had more ammo for both. and maybe some high cap Glock magazines.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
One thing I did buy a couple of months ago (before the public panic) was purchase a good stock of .223 bullets, magnum small rifle primers, and powder for my M193 5.56 clone loads. I now have about 1800 loaded rounds for the AR and enough materials for another 800 to 1000 or so handloads.

I also have well over 1000 9mm rounds and plenty of .45 ACP, .380 ACP, .38 Spl, 7.62x51, 7.62x39, 6.5x55 Swedish, 8mm Mauser, 30-30, and a few other odd calibers. For most of those, I also have plenty of reloading supplies on hand. That should last through the panic. ::)

M

mukwah

I feel like I'm in pretty good shape on everything except ammo. I have lots but can't ever have to much so been picking up a little here and there.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Here is a dealer list for Magpul Pmags. I called the 3rd distributor on the list (DSG Arms) since they were in TX like me. They had 20 round AR mags in stock at the time and I ordered 10 of them and got them in 2-3 days. I made an order for (10) 30 round mags and kinda thought I would never see them. 2 weeks later I got a note that they were shipping them and got them the next day, just this past Friday!

http://www.magpul.com/featuredretailers.html

The good thing is that they sell them for 14.95 the same price before the run, so they are not price gouging which I appreciate.

If you are thinking about getting some extra mags, you might call a distributor and get on their back order! I doubt if any are available, but call and find out.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
you know who hast the current Magpul USGI anti-tilt followers? Magpul says they have them in stock but won't sell anything to anyone that isn't a dealer at the moment. none of the LGS's I've checked so far can get them though. I want a couple of bags of followers and a BCM extractor upgrade kit. total of only about $15-$20 worth of stuff but I've struck out so far.

M

mukwah

Affermative bigdog, can't believe .22 is nowhere to be found. Don't believe I've ever seen that before!

D

Denny4kids

There's a young guy at work just starting a family. He bought an AR, some kit, and ammo for 3K on a credit card. I wonder how many people did the same thing. People just don't think things through! Denny

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I was lucky to have a guy give me about 6,000 rounds of .22 ammo a couple of years ago. I don't shoot that much of it, mostly around the house at varmints and stuff. I'm glad to have it now! When things settle down, I think I will pick me up some more.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
yz9890 said:
you know who hast the current Magpul USGI anti-tilt followers? Magpul says they have them in stock but won't sell anything to anyone that isn't a dealer at the moment. none of the LGS's I've checked so far can get them though. I want a couple of bags of followers and a BCM extractor upgrade kit. total of only about $15-$20 worth of stuff but I've struck out so far.

Don't call gun shops, call the distributors on this list. I believe they supply the gun shops!

http://www.magpul.com/featuredretailers.html

Northern_Son

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
The Heart of Ohio
I would panic buy a couple of G17 factory mags if they were available but there are none in my small local shops and when I was at the Fin a few weeks ago I forgot to check.

I would also buy another box of 500 .22lr if I came across some and I would pick up some more 9mm. I don't even have enough to take a weekend course if I wanted. That kind of sucks.

BTW, my Kel Tec magazine came in. The only color available was tan. ::) It looks funky on my black PF9 but I really like it. It changes the pistol from two finger to a full grip. The +1 plate is bulky though so it doesn't fit in my pocket very well. Hope to shoot it soon.

Currently using the NRA leather slide holster for small of back and strong side carry until I can can panic buy a proper holster. The slide works pretty well as a "jack of all trades" emergency holster, but just not the retention I want. It does very well in it's bedside role with the holstermate.