Okay, so which of you grammatically inclined intellects may help me?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Are there any grammar-checkers online at this hour?

I need some assistance with a somewhat simple issue, but I'm admittedly having issues :(

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Well Thanks, Hoss - you're a peach.

I'm sure I'll sound very inept for asking, but I don't care as I just broke the fever from Strep throat earlier and need to hit a deadline to proof read one of my station's publications that I've been putting off since I got back on Sat.... and I just can't think of what the grammatical rule is:

The title is:

"The proper use of Hand-Brakes IS key to preventing damage & injury.

or

"The proper use of Hand-Brakes ARE key to preventing damage & injury.

Last edited:

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
i say is (it reads better ) .. but grammar is not my thing lol
Buddy, I'm on so many meds right now, I'm not even sure I could spell my own name .... then again, somehow I get the bright idea to open this up to the OON collective .... you can obviously see how I'm not thinking accurately :dance:

H

Hoss

"Is"

You are discussing the "proper use" so disregard "hand brakes".

What you are really saying is the proper use is important. But, if you said "hand brakes is important" we'd have an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Strider12

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
yes i can . definitely if you listen to me about grammar.i am not the one to listen to lol
Okay, won't listen to you.

Did Hoss pass out or is he avoiding my question?

ETA: NVM

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
"Is"

You are discussing the "proper use" so disregard "hand brakes".

What you are really saying is the proper use is important. Bow, if you said "hand brakes is important" we'd have an issue.
Okay, I think I follow; the plural nature has no affect?

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
"Use" is not plural.
Meh, I'm good with that as that's what I recently submitted, but then I had second thoughts and figured I would pose the question.

I was already questioned earlier this evening for using the word "tautness" - I was told I needed to "Make it more reader-friendly" for those that it would be reaching. Oh well, if they don't like it, they can send out a revision.

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Well Thanks, Hoss - you're a peach.

I'm sure I'll sound very inept for asking, but I don't care as I just broke the fever from Strep throat earlier and need to hit a deadline to proof read one of my station's publications that I've been putting off since I got back on Sat.... and I just can't think of what the grammatical rule is:

The title is:

"The proper use of A Hand-Brake IS key to preventing damage & injury. <Correct now.

or

"The proper use of Hand-Brakes ARE key to preventing damage & injury. <This is fine.

"The proper use of A Hand-Brake IS key to preventing damage & injury. <Correct now.

or

"The proper use of Hand-Brakes ARE key to preventing damage & injury. <This is fine.