GA Firing Line

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
So I feel pretty well equipped as far as rifles go with my two AK74s...i think I might be making another rifle purchase relatively soon and can't decide between building an AR or buying a PTR91.

I can get the PTR for about 750 new and the AR...probably around 600. I don't know if I really need another intermediate caliber but having an AR just in case Hitlery gets elected won't be a bad thing...
A ptr isn't a bad thing either and it would be very easy to go between FA and SA (yes, legally Mr ATF man...).

Thoughts?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
So I feel pretty well equipped as far as rifles go with my two AK74s...i think I might be making another rifle purchase relatively soon and can't decide between building an AR or buying a PTR91.

I can get the PTR for about 750 new and the AR...probably around 600. I don't know if I really need another intermediate caliber but having an AR just in case Hitlery gets elected won't be a bad thing...
A ptr isn't a bad thing either and it would be very easy to go between FA and SA (yes, legally Mr ATF man...).

Thoughts?
lol, just bought some more mags and am contemplating an AR pistol in .223 and 9mm. If she gets in, it doesn't matter what she does, the terror will decimate supplies just like 2008.

I also wouldn't mind a CZ Scorpion Evo3

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
lol, just bought some more mags and am contemplating an AR pistol in .223 and 9mm. If she gets in, it doesn't matter what she does, the terror will decimate supplies just like 2008.

I also wouldn't mind a CZ Scorpion Evo3

Those look cool but I just can't get into them for the price....I could buy another AK74 lol...or an AR.

Part of me thinks I should have an AR because...well everyone has one.

Then the smarter part of me thinks I NEED a piece of super awesome German engineering in the guise of a PTR91...

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
DSC9067_phatch.jpg

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Those look cool but I just can't get into them for the price....I could buy another AK74 lol...or an AR.

Part of me thinks I should have an AR because...well everyone has one.

Then the smarter part of me thinks I NEED a piece of super awesome German engineering in the guise of a PTR91...
I had a side folder, poly receiver, 18" PTR. It was awesome, and one of the few I regret selling. The reason behind the CZ or Sig MPx is that I'm thinking worst case scenario in two years. Here goes:

Another shooting prompts Hillary or equivalent to push through an AWBII type legislation. Of course we wouldn't know the specifics, but we have a pretty damned good idea how it would go. Those are two of the newest, and most "boutiquey" guns out there with very broad appeal. At the time of any legislation push, they will have been on the market for a very short period of time, and relatively few examples would be floating around in people's hands. Those are going to be guns that are the best investment.

Also I just freaking love the idea of the pistol caliber carbine (would sbr it probably). Being able to stuff something like that into a backpack is a pretty appealing option.

Last edited:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I had a side folder, poly receiver, 18" PTR. It was awesome, and one of the few I regret selling. The reason behind the CZ or Sig MPx is that I'm thinking worst case scenario in two years. Here goes:

Another shooting prompts Hillary or equivalent to push through an AWBII type legislation. Of course we wouldn't know the specifics, but we have a pretty damned good idea how it would go. Those are two of the newest, and most "boutiquey" guns out there. At the time of any legislation push, they will have been on the market for a very short period of time, and relatively few examples would be floating around in people's hands. Those are going to be guns that are the best investment. Also I just freaking love the idea of the pistol caliber carbine (would sbr it probably). Being able to stuff something like that into a backpack is a pretty appealing option.

I agree with that....being able to stuff something in 5.45 or 5.56 would be equally as awesome....

Reactions: Balthaz and Laufen

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
If building an ar, why not get an uper that shoots the 5,45 as well as one in 5.56? I mean that is logic no?

However the scorpion would probably be better since it just looks damn cool. Nd I know you like pretty things ;)

But since you swore off ar's I would just leave that concept alone. And stick with mother russia

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
If building an ar, why not get an uper that shoots the 5,45 as well as one in 5.56? I mean that is logic no?

However the scorpion would probably be better since it just looks damn cool. Nd I know you like pretty things ;)

But since you swore off ar's I would just leave that concept alone. And stick with mother russia

eh I didn't swear off them...they are just kinda like Mustangs to me...fine for the boys, but men like Hemi

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
The only reason I still own an AR is because my wife loves it. In a SHTF scenario that's what she'll run.
I'll stick with my Russian bitches.

Art, by your very logic that AR's are like mustangs (excellent metaphor) they are a dime a dozen. The PTR91, on the other hand, is pure class. Yeah, Mustangs are fun to drive but as for myself, I'll take the SRT8 charger.

End thread! Drops mic and walks away, Kenny powers style.