Need to log in every time?!

American Revival Apparel Company
R

rayzer007

Can one of the mods help me. I have to continually log in, even though I have pressed the "forever" button every time. I recently did a history/cookie clear, but I don't see how that would affect things after the re-sign in. This seems to happen on my work computer too. I don't have to keep signing in on other sites which require a sign in. Thanks!

Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
What browser are you using, Ray?

I use Firefox and I have to let Firefox "remember" my password so that it automatically logs me in to forums and the like.

R

rayzer007

SkipD said:
What browser are you using, Ray?

I use Firefox and I have to let Firefox "remember" my password so that it automatically logs me in to forums and the like.

I too am using Firefox Skip. Unfortunately, on our website, I never get the pop-up box asking if I want Firefox to remember the password. I get the 'remember' box on GlockTalk, GunBroker, Bud's, etc. though. Oh well.

Ray

Tarheel

Hunter
Ray, you might take a look at your Firefox Internet settings....on your menu bar...Tools, Options. Look carefully at Content (block pop-ups not checked), Security "(Remember my passwords" is checked) and Privacy ("accept cookies" is checked). There are others that will disallow the website from remembering your logon. Just take a moment to determine if you have anything active that will not allow this website to communicate with your Firefox browser for recent history. Record any changes you make as they can be reversed later on if you wish. Firefox is ultra-sensitive to user privacy. It's a needle in a haystack, but there is something out there that causes the prob. I have to logon every time, as my controls can be defined a very tight....PIA, but it makes for less junk coming in. JMHO. Keep us informed. Thx.

Hank

R

rayzer007

Finally figured it out! I was loading the old .380 forum link and somehow in the automatic transition to compact carry, it would require me sign in every time. I deleted the old bookmark (380 forum), and replaced it with the new compact carry address, and I no longer have to log in each visit. These computers are like detective mysteries when trying to figure out a bug!

Ray