MP5... What would you buy?

Howard Law

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
The one gun I've never owned, but always wanted is a MP5. I'd love to find a real HK SBR, but they seem to be rather hard to find for under $5K. https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...g-rifles/h-k-mp5-9mm-sbr-detail.html?Itemid=0

I've come to the point that I'm cutting down on a bunch of pistols and rifles; that will leave me with some funds to put away and some for a new toy- hence this topic.

Clones are ok, but I've love to hear some opinions on the quality- fit and finish as well as function- of some of the available options- POF, Vector, Zenith, etc. I definitely want a roller delayed blow back action. Other than that, I'm wide open to suggestions.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I have an Atlantic arms mp5k.

I like the k model. The zenith and POF are not true k receivers, they are reverse stretch.

I am considering selling mine, if you wanted I could get dogleg to sbr it for you if you'd rather just form 4 it

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I have an Atlantic arms mp5k.

I like the k model. The zenith and POF are not true k receivers, they are reverse stretch.

I am considering selling mine, if you wanted I could get dogleg to sbr it for you if you'd rather just form 4 it

K model... Is the barrel threaded or have a three lug? Hard to tell with the 'shroud' over it. Whatever I end up with has got to work with the Tirant or Guardian I've already got. If I keep the AR9, it's taking a trip to see Bryan and getting cut down and rethreaded to 1/2x28. This 1/2x36 thread has been a pain in the ass.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
K model... Is the barrel threaded or have a three lug? Hard to tell with the 'shroud' over it. Whatever I end up with has got to work with the Tirant or Guardian I've already got. If I keep the AR9, it's taking a trip to see Bryan and getting cut down and rethreaded to 1/2x28. This 1/2x36 thread has been a pain in the ass.
42ef5fafc8b9144cf4283bd0d5ea97eb.jpg

I cut the handguard. It's 3 lug. 3 lug is awesome as shit

Reactions: DoglegArms

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
It deserves a k grip but i haven't stamped it yet. If I do I will k grip it

My hand deserves the grip... whatever I end up with will be stamped, so I'm hoping for the best host I can get.

So now, I'm either going to dump more money into the AR9 or chase the MP5 dream. They kind of do the same thing, so I've got to work with what's out there.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
My hand deserves the grip... whatever I end up with will be stamped, so I'm hoping for the best host I can get.

So now, I'm either going to dump more money into the AR9 or chase the MP5 dream. They kind of do the same thing, so I've got to work with what's out there.
If you do a Glock lower then you can always build 40 and 357 Sig uppers with Qcircle 10 parts