Make your own camo?

American Revival Apparel Company

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Yeah, there are a lot of good ones out there I just like the idea of making my own.

Takes a good artist to cut his own stencil for cerakote work. Have seen it done. big dolla though depending on the time involved.

Reactions: Laufen

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Cut your own pattern and take it to someone might be pretty cool though

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
@FatAlbert Can you paint my rifle in this Pattern?
View attachment 22658

Looks like the German Flecktarn camo. I can do that no problem as long as I can find stencils that match it. Working on getting a plotter so I can print my own stencils but for now I've been ordering them from different suppliers online.

Reactions: EugenFJR

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Do you know what that patterns called? I can see if I can find it.

I do have about 2 x 3 feet of the fabric around the house somewhere, If that helps. I'll bet you a 100 dollars if you can do this pattern, and either make a template, or a hydro-dip application, you will sell the shit out of it.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I do have about 2 x 3 feet of the fabric around the house somewhere, If that helps. I'll bet you a 100 dollars if you can do this pattern, and either make a template, or a hydro-dip application, you will sell the shit out of it.
Yeah that would help. I'm looking at stencils online but can't quite find it. I almost think I could make the Flecktarn stencils work by just using the larger sections. My friends wife has a plotter and does leather stuff with it, she is supposed to be working on figuring out how to program it for camo stencils. But with the holidays everyone is busy. If I had a sample I'm sure we could figure something out.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Yeah that would help. I'm looking at stencils online but can't quite find it. I almost think I could make the Flecktarn stencils work by just using the larger sections. My friends wife has a plotter and does leather stuff with it, she is supposed to be working on figuring out how to program it for camo stencils. But with the holidays everyone is busy. If I had a sample I'm sure we could figure something out.

Its no rush whatsoever...In 60 days, I might be gone for 2-3 months, so there is no rush.

Reactions: FatAlbert

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The good thing about the Image Lock process is that he prints the pattern onto some sort of special film. The firearm has already been coated with white KG Gunkote. The film is applied to the firearm, over the Gunkote, and heat is applied. Some how, the image is impregnated into the Gunkote, so it's not just on the surface.......it is now a permanent part of the gun coating itself. Kinda like tattoo ink to skin.