M2 Browning "MA Deuce" .50 cal Belt-Fed Suppressed

Howard Law

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
That's the coolest vid I've seen all day!

Lot's of blow-back, too.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Not to sound like a jerk, but.... 1st off, you are supposed to fire a 5-7 round burst, I saw him, on what I like to call "feathering" the trigger & only shooting 3-4 rounds at a time, this leads to malfunctions on a 50 cal. 2nd, he could have put the timing nut higher on the screw, and that would lead to a higher rate of fire, to compensate for the can taking up so much recoil, but you would still have to head space the barrel, and use a timing gauge to make sure the weapon is safe to fire.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Not to sound like a jerk, but.... 1st off, you are supposed to fire a 5-7 round burst, I saw him, on what I like to call "feathering" the trigger & only shooting 3-4 rounds at a time, this leads to malfunctions on a 50 cal. 2nd, he could have put the timing nut higher on the screw, and that would lead to a higher rate of fire, to compensate for the can taking up so much recoil, but you would still have to head space the barrel, and use a timing gauge to make sure the weapon is safe to fire.
That's actually really interesting. Why are 5-7 round burst more reliable?

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
That's actually really interesting. Why are 5-7 round burst more reliable?

The butterfly trigger, is very heavy on the .50 cal. HBMG, its like a 10-12 lb trigger, maybe more. When you "feather" the trigger, what happens is that the sear is only, slightly engaged, and with all the recoil the gun makes, it causes the gunner to come off the trigger mid cycle, and it tends to cause malfunctions. If the gunner grabs the trigger like he has some balls and presses the trigger, and gos "All the way on, then all the way off" The gun tends to run better. Best way I can explain it.

Reactions: DarthVader