JP Silent Capture Spring

Howard Law

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I recently saw @Righter13's AR. When he pulled it out, I wasn't expecting much. You've seen one AR you've seen them all right? Well he had some pretty cool parts. One was the JP silent capture spring (SCS) that replaces the buffer and spring.

Anyone else use one?

af99fae337130892ef2552e1ebb5a3c0.jpg

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I have considered using it on my 300 blk build. Not sure tough if it is really that big of a difference. I guess I really would like to hear it side by side.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
ive heard very good things about them in suppresed 9mm ar builds. havent given in yet though

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
It's not nearly as pointless as some of the other stuff a lot of us spend money on. What'a a few extra bucks for something that makes a gun operate noticeably smoother?

I will say that I don't see it being as effective in something like a 5.56 or 300 SBR, but I do intend to find out.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Since Ya'll are all on here talking shit about me and my spring I'll chime in.(sarcastic voice)

Agreed it is definitely not a need thing. It's a want thing. I had my wife buy me one for my birthday a few years ago because I couldn't justify the price.

After I put it and ran the charging handle I was in love. It is silky smooth and no metalic noise when charging it. Also the recoil impulse changes in my opinion.

Long story short if I could afford them for every rifle I would. When I find them on sale I pick them up.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Lol. You're too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

I wasn't kidding, I really had to look it up.

9mm RRA buffer. Says 5.6 Oz
Wolff extra power carbine recoil spring
Wolff extra power hammer spring (red)
2.50 in quarters in the buffer tube.

Reactions: Strider12

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
After I put it and ran the charging handle I was in love. It is silky smooth and no metalic noise when charging it.

You don't realize how loud the spring is rubbing against the inside of the buffer tube until you use on of these. That sound is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me now.

if I could afford them for every rifle I would. When I find them on sale I pick them up.

Completely agree.

Reactions: Righter13

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I've always been under the impression that they are for the type of man that applies lotion to his penis, and then doesn't masturbate...simply to soften and moisturize.

Reactions: boss_hawg

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I've stayed away from these due to the price and the horror stories. It seemed like every other week on other forums some newb was having cycling issues which were quickly remedied by removing this $125 part and replacing it with the standard $3 spring and $15 buffer.

If you don't like the sprooooong sound, then sell your AR and buy something else.

Ok, maybe that was a little extreme. JP makes good shit - no doubt. The problem is that there are other folks out there assembling AR uppers that are right at the very edge of the tolerances (gas block not perfectly aligned, bolt dragging a bit, etc.). You throw a high-end, very specific part like this on one of those builds and you'll get issues.

Embrace the sprooooong!

Reactions: DarthVader

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I've stayed away from these due to the price and the horror stories. It seemed like every other week on other forums some newb was having cycling issues which were quickly remedied by removing this $125 part and replacing it with the standard $3 spring and $15 buffer.

If you don't like the sprooooong sound, then sell your AR and buy something else.

Ok, maybe that was a little extreme. JP makes good shit - no doubt. The problem is that there are other folks out there assembling AR uppers that are right at the very edge of the tolerances (gas block not perfectly aligned, bolt dragging a bit, etc.). You throw a high-end, very specific part like this on one of those builds and you'll get issues.

Embrace the sprooooong!
You're just mad cause it's not mil-spec.