JP Buffer Alternative

Faktory 47

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
First time I've seen one- but it looks promising (for what that's worth).

I recently put a JP silent spring into my carbine... wow what a difference. Granted, I've only cycled it by hand at this point. I'm planning to give it a good run at the range this weekend to be sure it's working correctly.

Reactions: Red Dawn and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

I recently put a JP silent spring into my carbine... wow what a difference. Granted, I've only cycled it by hand at this point. I'm planning to give it a good run at the range this weekend to be sure it's working correctly.
I'll give it a try.

I spent 3.5 hours at Charlie Elliot a couple weekends ago, sighting rifles and messing around. I'll probably head back out this weekend.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I'll give it a try.

I spent 3.5 hours at Charlie Elliot a couple weekends ago, sighting rifles and messing around. I'll probably head back out this weekend.

If it's well made and works, I'd be in for one. The difference in feel is pretty incredible. And those appear to be about 1/2 the cost of the JP.

Reactions: Red Dawn and Laufen

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

How does it feel different?

Reactions: dial1911

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I like the fact the tension is constantly applied to the bolt reducing the slop in cycling. This maybe the answer if you jumping back and forth between suppressed and unsupressed with standard gas block. I'd like to hear more about it how it runs at the range.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I like the fact the tension is constantly applied to the bolt reducing the slop in cycling. This maybe the answer if you jumping back and forth between suppressed and unsupressed with standard gas block. I'd like to hear more about it how it runs at the range.

I hope to give the JP a good run this weekend. I've never had problems with bolt bounce or any other cycling issues (aside from being extremely dirty at one point). The JP spring doesn't stick out any more than a standard buffer- I'm only saying that because I didn't take out the buffer retainer pin when I put the JP in the carbine.

Reactions: Laufen

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I hope to give the JP a good run this weekend. I've never had problems with bolt bounce or any other cycling issues (aside from being extremely dirty at one point). The JP spring doesn't stick out any more than a standard buffer- I'm only saying that because I didn't take out the buffer retainer pin when I put the JP in the carbine.
lol it's a bitch to get the spring out of you leave the retainer pin in... ask me how I knows

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I saw a guy running the JPSC without a retaining pin this weekend in a 300 blk and he said he loved it. Much smoother and less noise. It was flush with where the retaining pin is. It didn't stick out past it.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I saw a guy running the JPSC without a retaining pin this weekend in a 300 blk and he said he loved it. Much smoother and less noise. It was flush with where the retaining pin is. It didn't stick out past it.
Yep, I take mine out. I'll prolly use one on a hunting rifle but I just don't have the faith in them to be in a HD gun.

I've switched to the A5 systems (keep it simple)

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Yep, I take mine out. I'll prolly use one on a hunting rifle but I just don't have the faith in them to be in a HD gun.

I've switched to the A5 systems (keep it simple)

I really like everything I've seen on the A5 stock/buffer/spring... but I think I like the Ergo stock too much to change it out. I haven't lost a whisker to it yet.