Is 9x39 a 300 Blk Killer?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
We could say the same about the B52, M16, M2, M14, 1911, M60, M61, Minute Man Missles...

The current M4 series of rifles don't look like the original M16. You can see the ancestry, but the current descendants look quite different. Flattop, much shorter barrel, collapsible stock, Picatinny rails, suppressors, RDS's, VFG's, lights, etc. Not the same at all.

The current military issue MARSOC 1911 does not look like the 1960's 1911A1, especially with the rail under the receiver, G10 grips, Cerakote finish. Again, the lineage is there, but the differences are obvious.

The M14 ceased production in 1964, so it's no wonder they look they were made in the 1960's. Of course, the newest M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifles look quite a bit different that the old warhorse....the Sage chassis and MODERN optics set it apart.

The M60 series of LMG's are no longer in service with the US infantry......long supplanted by the FN M240 family of LMG's. The M240 has been used as a coaxial gun by the US military since around 1977. The USMC replaced all our M60E3's (which were quite different from the old 1960's M60 "Pig") with the M240G in 1991. The Army replaced theirs with the M240B in the late 1990's.

The M61? No one can build anything better!

The VSS is still using a laminate wood stock and a PSO-1-1 optic. That was an advanced optic.....when it was first produced in 1964! That optic is very out of date and far surpassed. Most hunting scopes found on the rifles of Americans are a better optic than that.

I cannot comment on B52's and Minute Man missiles.......I'm a grunt, not a zoomie.

Semper Fi!

Last edited:

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
If you don’t mind me asking, why? Their poor accuracy?

That combined with their price. If they were accurate at their current price, I’d be okay with them. If they shot as inaccurately as they tend to do, but were a lot cheaper, I’d be fine with them. It’s ricey AND inaccurate I’ve got a problem with! Also, compared to most other carbines, magazines are expensive.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
That combined with their price. If they were accurate at their current price, I’d be okay with them. If they shot as inaccurately as they tend to do, but were a lot cheaper, I’d be fine with them. It’s ricey AND inaccurate I’ve got a problem with! Also, compared to most other carbines, magazines are expensive.
Perzactly. A mini14 was my first foray into 556 years and years ago. What a shitty shooting rifle. At least they look kinda cool.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Perzactly. A mini14 was my first foray into 556 years and years ago. What a shitty shooting rifle. At least they look kinda cool.

When I was teaching only LE, I would wince when an officer would show up to Patrol Rifle with a Mini-14. I’d say to myself, “He’s gonna fail”, and they almost always did. GBI used them for years, but what do you expect from them?

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
When I was teaching only LE, I would wince when an officer would show up to Patrol Rifle with a Mini-14. I’d say to myself, “He’s gonna fail”, and they almost always did. GBI used them for years, but what do you expect from them?
The one I had was one of the mil/leo only models. They must have realized they sucked and got pawned off on a shop to then pawn it off on me. I thought it was sooo damn cool when I got it. Granted, there were very few commercial AR's then though.

Reactions: cmshoot