How often do you clean your guns?

Faktory 47

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Depends on the gun... Blued MK II, shot in the summer (i.e. exposed to my sweat)... must be cleaned in 12 hours or less to prevent rust.

Glocks... not required. Clean occasionally- especially the hosts. Those suppressors are dirt injectors as far as the pistol is concerned.

Bolt guns, generally a wet patch cleaning while I'm still at the range- no mess in the house that way.

Semi-auto rifles... eh, maybe when I get around to it.

Reactions: sam

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
When they start having issues, ill clean them lol. They will run for quite a while, as long as you add a couple drops of oil every 500 or so rounds

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yeah, I clean mine when I get bored and have a few minutes UNLESS it's my O/U. That gets cleaned immediately after I get home or the bore/chamber can get pitted too easily. The rest of my stuff gets a wipe down every now and then. I only detail my AR's every 2-3 range visits if that.

I use to be OCD about it, but time constraints have dimished the amount of fucks I have to give lately ...lol

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Now that I think about it- I really need to clean the lint out of the nightsights on my G26.

I wish someone would make nightsights with flush set vials so there would be no recess to collect lint on a carry gun.
Night sights? Well aren't you friggin fancy...
Honest to God, the sights on my EDC G19 are the stock sights with the rear sight blacked out with a sharpie.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Every trip to the range. You take care of the tool it will be there for ya when you need it.

Reactions: sam