How much sense does this make?

GA Firing Line

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I am just wondering how long this thread can last? I mean it is hard to top that first post.

Well, with some meme images and a few "Glocks Suck" posts, it could go for weeks on end. And if it really needs to live forever, we're going to need a few posts on immigration and maybe something on alligators in Florida.

Reactions: Laufen and Cudruln

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I originally was going to ask about how many people are buying 80% lowers as souvenirs.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Oops... wrong thread.

Although I have a rather well documented 80% lower build thread. I really just built that one out of curiosity/an "academic" exercise.
I need to find it.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I need to find it.

Well, after searching my profile history here (which, by the way, could use some work @dougiemac ) I can't find a damn thing about my previous started threads. I went through the Firearms section, but maybe I put it in the Reviews section.

I'll hunt some more tomorrow. I feel pretty darn sure it's here somewhere.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Well, after searching my profile history here (which, by the way, could use some work @dougiemac ) I can't find a damn thing about my previous started threads. I went through the Firearms section, but maybe I put it in the Reviews section.

I'll hunt some more tomorrow. I feel pretty darn sure it's here somewhere.
Thanks man.
Just quickly, how tough was it? Did it turn out well? Poly or Aluminum?

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Thanks man.
Just quickly, how tough was it? Did it turn out well? Poly or Aluminum?

Aluminum 80% from some company that I want to say was "HTA' off the top of my head... but it wasn't Huntertown Arms (which is the first thing I think of from "HTA"). Maybe HT2. It was a PSA purchase with the jig and lower.

It was a pain in the a$$ because I pushed through the drilling process. It would have been much better to spread the work out over a day or two and do it at my own pace. Then end product, with some hand filing to clean up the edges, was completely serviceable, but not exactly pretty.

Long lesson short, it's far cheaper and easier to buy an Anderson lower already milled and finished than to do your own 80% lower.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Aluminum 80% from some company that I want to say was "HTA' off the top of my head... but it wasn't Huntertown Arms (which is the first thing I think of from "HTA"). Maybe HT2. It was a PSA purchase with the jig and lower.

It was a pain in the a$$ because I pushed through the drilling process. It would have been much better to spread the work out over a day or two and do it at my own pace. Then end product, with some hand filing to clean up the edges, was completely serviceable, but not exactly pretty.

Long lesson short, it's far cheaper and easier to buy an Anderson lower already milled and finished than to do your own 80% lower.
That's kind of what I was thinking. The only advantage is that until finished, 80% lowers aren't firearms, and I like that.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
That's kind of what I was thinking. The only advantage is that until finished, 80% lowers aren't firearms, and I like that.

Well, yes- but I bought that one just because I wanted to go through the learning process of finishing one. I mean, I have probably bought 10 lowers through FFL's, but had never finished and 80% lower. If the powers that be want me, that one 80% lower isn't going to make a bit of difference. At least in my uneducated opinion.

Reactions: Laufen