Got myself a new handgun!

GA Firing Line

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
dude, i am sorry to hear about your wife, and the collection of CZs

however, you have done well young grasshopper. if you didnt get this; a walther PPQ would have been a good option too.
have fun with it... and dont forget to sell your soul for the mag costs...LOL

Reactions: DTW762

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I've probably owned just about every "duty" gun out there, maybe multiple copies of each, and I won't trade or sell the VP/
In the past you've mentioned an aftermarket trigger you like for HKs. Did you install one on your VP9 or leave it stock?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
In the past you've mentioned an aftermarket trigger you like for HKs. Did you install one on your VP9 or leave it stock?
It's stock. The factory HK Match trigger is all I've used in HK's though. The USP Tactical came with it from the factory. Really nice trigger for a poly gun. The VP trigger is pretty nice to, probably just as light, but not as crisp of a break.

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga
No one has seen this old catalog?

82e07d670a1e87866e74cc25ab0898fb.jpg

Look at the mag in the foreground
when i seen your pic that was the first thing i thought of lol ... nice gun

Last edited:

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
<---------- Not an HK cool kid.

DTW762

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
Carrollton GA
@JBum does good work. I have a Cook's that I use because I already had it for my PPQ. Both holster makers are Georgia based.

I want to get him to, but he's a bit of a ride away for me, got a cheap uncle mikes compact holster that it fits nicely in, made for a glock 19 sized gun. But it's only a place holder until I figure out what way to go, or just start collecting holsters

Reactions: madHatter

Bullseyebo

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
So here's the deal. I had a decent collection of CZ's and other fun stuff, but my wife had a stroke (she's 25, so pretty weird stuff) and hospital bills piled up. So I sold off pretty much everything I had, save one shotgun, one semi rifle, and one bolt gun. As you can probably see, there was something missing... So I recently traded off the bolt gun so I could get a nice, good quality pistol for HD/Carry duty. How'd I do?

View attachment 5245
I'm jealous!

DTW762

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
Carrollton GA
she's a beauty
Thanks! Over the last year and a half, I made the decision that I only want a handgun if I genuinely feel that it needs absolutely nothing done to it for me to enjoy shooting it. No trigger, no sites, extended parts, etc... Which really limited my search, and helped narrow down things. That way I can save my money and quit turning cheap guns (ie glock, m&p, etc) into expensive ones that I have trouble getting my money's worth back out of. Instead just buy or trade into the ones I feel that parts aren't necessary, but icing on the cake. Call it lazy, because that's what it really boils down to. Not hating on any gun manufacturers, all of them have their place and use, and pros and cons. Just my take on it, for what it's worth.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
Thanks! Over the last year and a half, I made the decision that I only want a handgun if I genuinely feel that it needs absolutely nothing done to it for me to enjoy shooting it. No trigger, no sites, extended parts, etc... Which really limited my search, and helped narrow down things. That way I can save my money and quit turning cheap guns (ie glock, m&p, etc) into expensive ones that I have trouble getting my money's worth back out of. Instead just buy or trade into the ones I feel that parts aren't necessary, but icing on the cake. Call it lazy, because that's what it really boils down to. Not hating on any gun manufacturers, all of them have their place and use, and pros and cons. Just my take on it, for what it's worth.
Now I need to take this sage like wisdom and apply it to my own practices