Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Howard Law

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
Oh @FarewellToKings I talked to my AC guy today and he's going to install those cup sensors you were telling me about. And then the float switches will be another backup. Things have changed some since the 15 years when I was in it last. IIRC we used to wire the float switches to kill the indoor unit, he said now they wire them to kill the entire system or kill just the outdoor unit. Which would make sense like @Rwjeter found the other day.
Kill the outdoor unit so the fan can still run if the coil freezes causing the water leaking

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Oh @FarewellToKings I talked to my AC guy today and he's going to install those cup sensors you were telling me about. And then the float switches will be another backup. Things have changed some since the 15 years when I was in it last. IIRC we used to wire the float switches to kill the indoor unit, he said now they wire them to kill the entire system or kill just the outdoor unit. Which would make sense like @Rwjeter found the other day.
Yerp! They were disabling my ODU only. Most of the systems I put in commercial controls on are designed to kill both. So it threw me off.