Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I used to be a super FUDD. When I took all 4 of these to the range I had more $ in my range bag than the car they were in. I still miss that Guncrafter. That was a 1 of 3 special edition gun that I'll never be able to replace.

Screenshot_20210306-213116_Gallery.jpg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Kimber, gross

That TLE has had literally over 10,000 rounds through it with not one malfunction except a couple hard primers on some GA Arms reloads. I still have that thing(well, I had FatAlbert cerakote it and gave it to my dad, but it's still in the family). The Super Carry Custom was pretty nice too, but I don't really miss it all that much. Not as much as the Guncrafter or a couple of my Wilson's and Baer's.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
That TLE has had literally over 10,000 rounds through it with not one malfunction except a couple hard primers on some GA Arms reloads. I still have that thing(well, I had FatAlbert cerakote it and gave it to my dad, but it's still in the family). The Super Carry Custom was pretty nice too, but I don't really miss it all that much. Not as much as the Guncrafter or a couple of my Wilson's and Baer's.
TLE with a bazillion rounds through it will run fine at a steel match. I know that much.
But I traded it for a K98 and $300

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
Lol I’m aware “some” 1911’s and even Some Kimbers will run great. I’m glad you’ve had good luck with yours.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
TLE with a bazillion rounds through it will run fine at a steel match. I know that much.
But I traded it for a K98 and $300

I got that gun in 2011. It was my first deal on ODT. I ran the shit out of that thing and carried it at the liquor store I was running at the time for 4 or 5 years. I still to this day would trust my life to it. @FatAlbert will tell you how much of a PITA it was to reassemble that thing after Cerakote because of how tight everything was fit. If only Kimber made every 1911 like the TLE...and their barrels didn't rust(that's really why I had it cerakoted).